Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What makes a car a head turner, thumbs up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:13 PM
GibMax
2nd Gear Member

Cool What makes a car a head turner, thumbs up?

Okay, my wife has noticed that people admire my 2006 Mustang. It has Steeda stripes, tinted windows and billet grill. People comment on it when we park somewhere and they give it a thumbs up when we drive along. Now she wants a car that people will give the thumbs up and turn their heads for.

We started looking. Figured a budget of $15,000 for say a 2005-2007 Mustang. Been seeing mostly V6 in that range. Would like a V8 (good luck with that budget). She says a convertible would be nice. But she wouldn't ever put the top down and mess up her hair. Good thing because the convertibles are more expensive. Oh, and gotta be a automatic transmission.

So, if we buy a 2005 or newer Mustang what would we do to make it a thumbs up, head turner? What budget would we need?
Old 02-19-2011, 06:15 PM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

30 years
Old 02-19-2011, 06:21 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Steeda front fascia or Roush front fascia. Both of these are great looking and different from the stock, but still conservative enough as to not be rice.

Steeda and Roush also make very nice rear ends and spoilers. Get the street spoilers, they are conservative but look damn nice on a street 'Stang.
Don't get the massive race spoilers, because that screams rice; the giant spoilers are only useful if you actually race at high speeds. On the street? Useless really because the vast majority of the time, you never have enough space to get to speeds where such massive spoilers are actually useful.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:24 PM
'11 5.0

What makes a person turn their heads and give a thumbs up???

- Black 2011 5.0
- Dark Tinted Windows
- Shelby Razor 20" rims
- ARH Headers/x-Pipe/Magna Flow Cat back exhaust
- Steeda CAI w/Evolution Performance Tune
- UPR Upper and Lower Control arms / Pan hard Bar

Oh wait that's my car!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:26 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

If you are more worried about what others think about your car than buying/making it one YOU like, you will always be disappointed at some time.

We get a lot of good replies on out '11 GT/CS.....but then there are those who say eewww. We talk to them all and never get overly concerned about comments.

Why not make a twin to the one you own....known results.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:01 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

What makes it cool? Your vision....something you created with your imagination to satisfy yourself. Build a car that makes you happy and don't worry what anyone else thinks.

I'll give you a great example: My dream car is to build a 55-57 Chevy Bel Air/210 GASSER. This car would be a radical Big Block Chevy V8 with a 6.71 or 8.71 Blower with dual quads, header side exhaust, 55 Pontiac 4.56 rearend and a 4-speed Munci M-22 Rock Crusher. This would be a straight axle car with wicked home made ladder bars on the rear. What's better then this.....nothing ....to me!!! But, my girl, my parents, my neighbors, the clergy and all that think they are civilized will look upon me with chastizing eyes!! And, I say to them FU.....this ROCKS!!

Cool is very subjective....I enjoyed this topic....I'm inspired again!!

Old 02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

My car usually gets a lot of attention, especially on hot summer days.. after a nice wash, and with the cut outs open

I can't wait to get some Detroit Rocker Cams and really open her up! lulz

..it's a double edged sword though. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't.. I have to be a little more aware of where I park and whom is around. Plus, it can be a douche-bag/ricer magnet wherever I go... not fun when you're just trying to go rent some movies or after a long crappy day of work. But it's all good!

Last edited by stealth_GT; 02-19-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:13 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Pypes pype bombs axle-back exhaust will def. catch peoples attention! hahha! Tinting the windows is a must and color selection is always a factor. It's all personal preference. Hit up the American muscle website for ideas and look at the photo gallery on this forum with your wife and see what catches her eyes. A pink mustang might be fitting for her. One final point, 2002-04 GT's usually are within your range and can catch peoples attention as well. I love New edge mustangs!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Kona Blue, waxed, and a sunny day. Show stopper.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I have to agree MrSandman

Quick Reply: What makes a car a head turner, thumbs up?