Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper cars at the dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Default Bumper cars at the dealership...

I decided to have the rattle underneath looked at recently as it's been bugging me (only shows up from dead cold @ <50 degrees out, gone as soon as it warms up slightly). I leave it for 1 night, snows 2 inches, and the below is the end result from a dealership tech:

Uber..

Won't harp too bad on the dealership in question. Better than most, even if they did make the rattle worse with the TSB fix on the first try, as they will be fixing the original issue and of course the crash damage for free.

Rattle is stated to be emanating from the separator plate. We shall see...

Last edited by wayne613; 02-22-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
otbiker
1st Gear Member

I know some folks will have fit about this and demand the dealership GM be hanged, but... accidents happen. Should be an easy repair if the paint is done properly...
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Yeah, obviously not all "whoo-hoo!", but sh*t happens. Just better when it happens to others.

I am a bit more concerned with what I can't see though, as it's possible the tire took brunt of the impact, worst case bending something, rim, arm, whatever, or at the very least screwing up the alignment. Looks to have been done by a pick-up of some kind due to how high up it is.

Last edited by wayne613; 02-22-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That really really sucks.
Its always a gamble when you have to leave your car with someone else though.
Good luck with getting everything fixed.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Yep....it happens. On our '07, I had a simple scratch in the clear coat end in an entire rear quarter being painted due to poor polishing techniques.

Look at the rim and wheel real close for any marks at all. Also, check the wheel on the other side in case it was pushed into a curb.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

looks like a dealership puke tried to hot rod heading to the shop. i was pissed just catching the dealership puke driving mine hard and they didn't even damage it. you took it better than i would have.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Accidents happen for sure, but when it comes down to it they shouldn't. Especially true for a dealership servicing your car. But if they fix it, and throw in a free service I'd be fine with it.

But, something might show up on your car-fax, and then you have a little case of diminished value.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
dennisafrompa
1st Gear Member

I had a Porsche Boxster totaled at a dealership while a 30 K service was performed.

The tech was "warming up the oil" prior to the included oil change and spun it, hit 3 6x6 posts, then continued through a chain link fence backwords. He almost went into a swim club's pool. Then he drove it back through the fence about half way before he re-considered. Every panel on the car was damaged and ALL the glass was scratched.

It was almost funny when I first saw it, ALMOST.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Justice
But, something might show up on your car-fax, and then you have a little case of diminished value.
Can´t see how that would happen as it was not a reported accident to the insurance company, unless the dealership´s own is covering it, which I doubt, since they have their own body shop where it´s going to be fixed.

Other than having to drive the rental for an extended period, the only thing that really concerns me right now is what can´t be seen. I´ll need to speak with the SM again, just to be sure they´ve actually checked the rear properly.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:01 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Yikes.. I seen some bad ones before but sheesh.

I work at a dealership and it gets VERY tight in those parking lots. I drive giant diesels in and out of places you wouldn't believe. It sucks, but I manage with good spotters.

Chances are though, if you have a fast car.. some douche is gonna rip her loose during the road test. I have never though. Scouts honor

Quick Reply: Bumper cars at the dealership...