Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mustang, more questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:53 PM
ccbulldog
1st Gear Member

Default New Mustang, more questions

New 5.0 Vert owner here. I have a few more questions about my new car that I would welcome opinions on:
1) do you other vert owners let beauty queens sit on the top/seat top in parades? If so, how do you instruct them to sit. will it damage the top?

2) how do you guys decide which CAI mod you get. I've noticed there are several different ones that everyone has. Just wondering how you picked yours, price? fit/finish, looks, HP claims etc. I definably want to upgrade to one but of course I want to get the best one out there. Just don't know which one that is. I will of course get the tuner with it too.

3) hushpower vs roush vs GT500 vs borla touring? I want to upgrade exhaust but I want one more on the milder side. absolutely no drone please. It will give me a headache

4) I have the remote start but have not figured it out yet. Everytime I open the car door it cuts the engine off. The manual says this is a safety feature but if this is the case then whats the point of having it in the first place? Am I missing something?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I am thinking the Beauty Queens should be sitting in your lap...and if that is happening you will care less about the other things on your list!!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:03 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ccbulldog
New 5.0 Vert owner here. I have a few more questions about my new car that I would welcome opinions on:
1) do you other vert owners let beauty queens sit on the top/seat top in parades? If so, how do you instruct them to sit. will it damage the top?

2) how do you guys decide which CAI mod you get. I've noticed there are several different ones that everyone has. Just wondering how you picked yours, price? fit/finish, looks, HP claims etc. I definably want to upgrade to one but of course I want to get the best one out there. Just don't know which one that is. I will of course get the tuner with it too.

3) hushpower vs roush vs GT500 vs borla touring? I want to upgrade exhaust but I want one more on the milder side. absolutely no drone please. It will give me a headache

4) I have the remote start but have not figured it out yet. Everytime I open the car door it cuts the engine off. The manual says this is a safety feature but if this is the case then whats the point of having it in the first place? Am I missing something?
1: Not sure since I own a hardtop.

2. It's really personal preference but I see more people go with the JLT than any other brand. I personally want a Steeda or Saleen Extreme but what do I know, haha.

3: CORSA if you don't want drone.

4: I will be of no help here, haha.

Congrats on the new car and I hope you enjoy it and the forums as much as I do.

Last edited by bakerjd; 03-04-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:42 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

1. Give her a nice feathered pillow to sit on...she'll be comfy. Take pictures and post.

2. You have to read-up. There all the same basically. Some vendors offer free tune updates. Shop around. American Muscle or Brenspeed are good and there are plenty of others out there...JLT....Steeda...etc....etc..

3. The mild side: In my opinion Magnaflow or Borla. Checkout you-tube for sound samples.

4. ? have no idea.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

4) I think the purpose of the remote start is so you can turn on the A/C or heat before you get in. Having the engine turn off when you open the door won't detract from that function.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Big_T_Judge
1st Gear Member

1. Tell her she can sit on your face.

2. Gonna go with steeda CAI and Brenspeed tune

3. GT500's seem more mild and others on the forums say they have no drone.

4. Ask one of the service guys....bet you're not the 1st person to have this problem.