Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with maryland speed

Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 PM
bragglefraggle

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
waiting to see where this goes lol

same
Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
Again...you really should know the situational before you make comments like this. First off, the part was special order, and the customer was told that up front. They were the front off road connection pipes for a Mustang X-pipe. No dealer stocks those. Secondly, call Kooks..they will tell you we are their biggest stocking dealer out there. We have them referring customers to us all the time because we will have stuff in stock that kooks does not.
As I can see under you handle, the mods identify you as a platinum sponsor. And for being a sponsor of MF, I therefore give you due respect in that sense.
And yes, I know, there is always the other side of the story. But I, not knowing every single parts store there is out there, I have no idea if you are a really good store like some of the big ones, or someone who sells out of his garage.

However, knowing that many of us enthusiasts become extremely excited in being able to buy a part, there are lots of times that we simply do not hear the part that you have to drop ship and there is a long wait.

So, in the future, you might really need to stress that you must drop ship and that the turn around time is more than a simple 2 weeks. Even if you have to say it 3 times, or 4 times, or even make the customer verbally acknowledge the possible long turn around, this is often the only way that the customer will realize that they must wait longer.

Also, in your adds in your store link, you really might want to place an attention of notice of which parts must be drop-shipped and advertise the typical turn around time in the product description.

Another suggestion I have is to speak with Kooks, etc. and ask them to manufacture for you more parts for your stock so that you are not always selling out of them. I am sure they will not complain about that especially since the economy is bad, but they are still getting your business. That way, you do not have to drop-ship all the time.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 PM
MarylandSpeed
Former Sponsor

There are pictures of our facility on our facebook page.

We do stock a lot of stuff, and it is shipped from here. In this case I told the customer I had to bring the part in from Kooks because it is special order. Had he ordered headers, or an x-pipe, it would have shipped asap. The part he ordered however is a specialty item..and he was told it was special order when he ordered. He was upset because he called Kooks and they said it was in stock, but the part had not been shipped yet. He did not realize Kooks charges us more to dropship.

As for "dropshipping"..it is not the boogie man people make it out to be. I have some parts I have 5 wholesalers I can ship parts from...and most of the time the wholesaler is closer to the customer than my warehouse is. It is neat to see a customer surpised because they are in CA, and the part they ordered from a place in MD is on their doorstep the next day with ground shipping. We close 90% of our orders in two days...however sometimes there are delays.

As for backorders...I HATE backorders. However customers also have to realize this is a very seasonal business. February to July we are twice as busy as we are the rest of the year. With the way the economy has been, many manufacturers are running lean. They would rather have a backorder when it is busy, then excess staff and capacity during the slow time of the year.

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
As I can see under you handle, the mods identify you as a platinum sponsor. And for being a sponsor of MF, I therefore give you due respect in that sense.
And yes, I know, there is always the other side of the story. But I, not knowing every single parts store there is out there, I have no idea if you are a really good store like some of the big ones, or someone who sells out of his garage.

However, knowing that many of us enthusiasts become extremely excited in being able to buy a part, there are lots of times that we overhear the part that you have to drop ship.

So, in the future, you might really need to stress that you must drop ship and that the turn around time is more than a simple 2 weeks. Even if you have to say it 3 times, or 4 times, or even make the customer verbally acknowledge the possible long turn around, this is often the only way that the customer will realize that they must wait longer.

Also, in your adds in your store link, you really might want to place an attention of notice of which parts must be drop-shipped and advertise the typical turn around time in the product description.

Another suggestion I have is to speak with Kooks, etc. and ask them to manufacture for you more parts for your stock so that you are not always selling out of them. I am sure they will not complain about that especially since the economy is bad, but they are still getting your business. That way, you do not have to drop-ship all the time.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:57 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Crap happens, Maryland Speed is making it right so what's the problem? And no I've never ordered from them before. When I order something and want it fast I call first and ask....Is this in stock at YOUR facility? If it's not I find someone else that's got it. If its not a rush and the price is good I can wait.

If you don't ask, don't blame. But I will say this....when you have Maryland Speed coming on here explaining things and making it right I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 PM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

i rec my parts today from kooks! the owner of maryland speed went the extra mile to take care of the mix up. thanks brandon!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:45 PM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
Crap happens, Maryland Speed is making it right so what's the problem? And no I've never ordered from them before. When I order something and want it fast I call first and ask....Is this in stock at YOUR facility? If it's not I find someone else that's got it. If its not a rush and the price is good I can wait.

If you don't ask, don't blame. But I will say this....when you have Maryland Speed coming on here explaining things and making it right I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.
timmbo, this is your fault anyway! your video on youtube with no cats with hotrod cams did me in, i knew after watching the cats had to go. lol
Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nv4gt ws
timmbo, this is your fault anyway! your video on youtube with no cats with hotrod cams did me in, i knew after watching the cats had to go. lol
Ha ha! Modding is a disease!