Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom dual conversion or Pypes kit (Americanmuscle.com)

Old 03-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Masud

Question Custom dual conversion or Pypes kit (Americanmuscle.com)

So I contacted a local muffler shop. And they said they'll do a complete dual conversion on my car for around $500. Problem is that I'm not very experienced with dual exhaust conversions and how they work, so I would like some of your wise wisdom

Basically what I want is a very nice sounding exhaust. All about that nice rumble.

1.)Here's the pypes v6 conversion kit link: http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...l-catback.html
-$474+$250 installation
-The type of muffler they use isn't specified(unless I'm blind)

2.) Now, will it be better off for me to get a custom dual exhaust done and put in my own choice of mufflers? From what I know, it's the type of muffler you have that determines what kind of "sound" you get, correct?

-If (2) is true, than would you guys have any recommendations of mufflers? And is there any difference from the kit vs custom conversion? Like the sound and such.

Thanks guy! <3 u all
Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Masud

anyone know?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:24 PM
StangRob

I will also like to know.... I just got a 1999 3.8 would like to put dual exhaust... Any help on how to go about doing it and have it look and sound good would be appreciated .. ThankS
Old 03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

I have the Pypes kit on my 07 v6. It sounds good to me through the whole powerband and I've gotten several complements on it. The mufflers used are Ford Mustang GT takeoffs. I love AM, but if you look on newtakeoff.com you can find the kit for a lot cheaper than AM, but idk if shipping will make up that difference or not.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:08 PM
StangRob

Default Some help would be appreciated.

I have a 1999 v6 I want to get duals for two reasons for looks and a little sound nothing crazy where I can't hear myself talk. I know someone selling his complete exhaust from his gt. My question is do I need to change my cats for the gt cats? Also should I use a h pipe or should I run them separate? Can someone please help... Like I said I'm doing duals for looks and sound but I don't want it really really loud just nice sound and I don't want to lose power I don't mind if I don't gain power but I don't want to lose power... Thanks