Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Place to buy a painted front Roush bumper/fascia?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:12 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Default Place to buy a painted front Roush bumper/fascia?

A few months ago I parked my car next to a driveway and was talking to a friend of mine. Next thing I know some idiot starts backing out with a F450 truck (he had a spotter too) and back up into the front bumper of my Stang. All this after the spotter screamed for good 5 secs telling him to stop. Anyway, I ended up getting 600 out of the guy and figured instead of getting the same GT bumper, I might as well get something better while I'm at it. Roush was my personal choice and I went ahead and ordered one from stage3motorsports through ebay. A week later I called to check on the status and was told that it hasn't been shipped but it will be soon and was given the first ETA. Once that passed I called again and was given another ETA. Once again, nothing comes in so I finally called today to see what's going on and after exactly a month of waiting and 35 minutes on hold decided to get my money back instead. Well, here I am stuck with the same messed up front bumper and the same amount of money I paid for the Roush bumper being refunded (it's not showing on the card yet, but they said it will in a few days) trying to figure out where I can get one. Any ideas? I thought of buying an unpainted one which runs around 600, but called the shop to see how much it would cost to paint it and it's 400 so it comes up to close to a grand while stage3motorsports only charged me 825 for it. I appreciate any input on this, and yes I tried doing google searches and all and the only alternative I found was blue oval industries with what appears to be a crappy ebay feedback percentage.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

How bout ordering directly from roush??

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=536
Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
How bout ordering directly from roush??

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=536
I guess we think alike. That was my next try after S3M and I was all excited to see the price they had on that bumper till the shipping cost came up-- almost 300 which bumped the total up to close to 1100
Old 03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Stage 3 is my choice for stuff like this since it has free shipping normally. They drop ship it though directly from roush so if you are getting a delay from stage 3 then its probably delayed at roush too
Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
Stage 3 is my choice for stuff like this since it has free shipping normally. They drop ship it though directly from roush so if you are getting a delay from stage 3 then its probably delayed at roush too
So does that mean that any other vendor would pretty much have the same delay? They don't normally have painted parts in stock right? And if so how long does it usually take for Roush to ship the parts out? I'm getting deployed in 6 weeks and if other vendors have the same delay then i might as well postpone till I get back

Last edited by olvanish; 03-14-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

What howarmat said lol. Stage 3 should still provide free shipping. I got my front fascia, chin spoiler and wing from there. The front was unpainted and directly to the body shop but I had the painted wing shipped to my home and it came directly from Roush.

If anything give Stage 3 a call and see what the wait looks like. According to my records, my wing order was placed 3/28/10 and was shipped on 4/6/10 but there were no known delays to my knowledge at the time.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:57 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
What howarmat said lol. Stage 3 should still provide free shipping. I got my front fascia, chin spoiler and wing from there. The front was unpainted and directly to the body shop but I had the painted wing shipped to my home and it came directly from Roush.

If anything give Stage 3 a call and see what the wait looks like. According to my records, my wing order was placed 3/28/10 and was shipped on 4/6/10 but there were no known delays to my knowledge at the time.
Hmm. I guess you're a lot luckier than I am because I placed my order on 2/14/11 and barely cancelled it today with the part still at Roush. Oh well, I guess I'll try again with the same vendor when I come back. It kinda sucks because I wanted to get my car right before I leave. Thanks for your replies guys!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by olvanish
Hmm. I guess you're a lot luckier than I am because I placed my order on 2/14/11 and barely cancelled it today with the part still at Roush. Oh well, I guess I'll try again with the same vendor when I come back. It kinda sucks because I wanted to get my car right before I leave. Thanks for your replies guys!
Give them another try. I've bought everything but my wheels and tires from them and I've basically built my own 427r. As others have said they drop ship from Roush so the delays are most likely on the roush side. I've run into a few shipping delays but they have been helpful but they are at the mercy of Roush's inventory.