Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice interior score on a Roush closeout!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

this should help!quote=night7519;7460162]I bought the Dark Charcoal with dove gray inserts. Roush overstock on Ebay has had several of these up for sale over the past few weeks. Since I was upgrading from cloth to leather I also had to purchase the OCS service pack for the passenger seat which replaces the seat cushion with an upgraded OCS sensor for the airbag.[/quote]
Old 03-15-2011, 10:45 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

According to the guy at Roush, when I bought my covers, he couldn't find any difference in why they wouldn't fit the non leather seats. When he had a kit list, it didn't show headrest covers, so we sort of figured that was why. I took the chance and it was worth it. Everything was there that was necessary to install them on mine, except of course the covers for the head rests. Since I didn't have side air bags, it didn't matter which set I bought, but they have both, or had at least. Mine say side air bag, but it is a LIE. lol

The power seat track was the big thing. I tried over 200 wrecking yards via emails and requests and couldn't find a seat for the right that was power. I had to go checking and came up with the seat from the Mount/Explorer after 95 had close to the correct mount to make it usable as a base. I never got to check out a Fusion, which should be close. Luckily Ford uses the same type trim in most of their interiors so I got lucky enough that any difference was hardly noticeable. The heaters are simple and with leather in Alaska, a must if you want to stay married for long. lol
Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Charlie...you are right. I just remember that when I talked to Mike (mark??? @ Roush) anyways he went through 4 or 5 scenarios and when we were done shipped the package I needed, so I didn't even think about that part. I had my friend take them to his work, and put them together and brought them back. He mentioned the seat sensor, and I didn't think about it. Since I don't have a garage and it was cold this winter here in Alaska, he did it for me. I just installed them and did the wiring for the heaters to attach. Thankfully Ford has most of the wiring already run, so its more find and plug in than anything else.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
Charlie...you are right. I just remember that when I talked to Mike (mark??? @ Roush) anyways he went through 4 or 5 scenarios and when we were done shipped the package I needed, so I didn't even think about that part. I had my friend take them to his work, and put them together and brought them back. He mentioned the seat sensor, and I didn't think about it. Since I don't have a garage and it was cold this winter here in Alaska, he did it for me. I just installed them and did the wiring for the heaters to attach. Thankfully Ford has most of the wiring already run, so its more find and plug in than anything else.
If i'm able to upgrade to leather I'll probably do heated seats as well. A write up on where you tapped in for the power may be in order
Old 03-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Damn! Wish i would have read that earlier. I had my eye on a nice set from the roush overstock place but i wasnt sure if it would fit and it already ended. Hopefully another set will pop up soon cause that would be amazing to get a set for under $400 considering NTO charges just below that for regular leathers
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Nice score Tim. I emailed the seller trying to find out if they can work with cloth seats. Still waiting for a response. Are you gonna do the install or pay someone?
Thanks. I don't know if I want to do the install myself or not. You guys in this thread....have you installed these yourself? I've watched the Katzkin video on Youtube for leather seat installs and it's pretty straight forward. Just a pain in the *** it looks like having to use hog rings and pliers and just the amount of time it takes.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 AM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone who has installed these done so in a gray interior? I've thought about buying either the black sueder RTC ones or the black and gray ones, but thought they might look strange because the plastic parts that surround the seats would be gray.

timmbo, I think $595 is a great deal for the color combo as they retail for twice that and red and black goes well with many cars so the price will get bid up. If i was in your situation with worn out seats I'd do the same. I have the gray leather and the drivers seat is starting to look ugly, so I'm wrestling with the idea of whether its really worth it to buy a set or not when they aren't that bad...yet
Old 03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kgrun4
Has anyone who has installed these done so in a gray interior? I've thought about buying either the black sueder RTC ones or the black and gray ones, but thought they might look strange because the plastic parts that surround the seats would be gray.

timmbo, I think $595 is a great deal for the color combo as they retail for twice that and red and black goes well with many cars so the price will get bid up. If i was in your situation with worn out seats I'd do the same. I have the gray leather and the drivers seat is starting to look ugly, so I'm wrestling with the idea of whether its really worth it to buy a set or not when they aren't that bad...yet
They have a few that are black with grey inserts that look like it would be perfect for what youre talking about.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
You guys in this thread....have you installed these yourself? I've watched the Katzkin video on Youtube for leather seat installs and it's pretty straight forward. Just a pain in the *** it looks like having to use hog rings and pliers and just the amount of time it takes.
I installed my '11 leathers myself. It's not difficult, just very time consuming and can be a little tough on the hands. I found it to be well worth it though
Old 03-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

I placed a bid on some and am praying to get them for $300 shipped. I think the ones im bidding on were relisted after no bids were placed last time so im hoping no more bids will come.

Just to verify the only thing i need is the headrest covers if im upgrading from cloth? And what do i do about the foam? They pictures show it but some have said there are two different version of the foam? or at least thats how I interpreted. My stang is an 07, do i just tell them its an 07 and they will send the right foam?

Quick Reply: Nice interior score on a Roush closeout!