Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice interior score on a Roush closeout!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Default Nice interior score on a Roush closeout!

I love my red interior but my driver seat was starting to look really tired and worn in some places, so I've been shopping. I ALWAYS wanted a two tone red and charcoal upholstery because honestly the solid red is just a little too much. Well low and behold I score yet another deal from the Roush folks, (as if the M90 closeout wasn't enough) and got this killer leather seat upholstery set for over half off the 1200.00 original price! I won them on their Ebay overstock site for 595.00! I don't care if they say "Stage 3". They can say "blow me" for all I care LOL. Can't wait to get them installed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_697wt_1165
Old 03-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Nice, Im looking at similar ones from the same ebay store but i have cloth seats and they all say they dont fit
Old 03-15-2011, 02:29 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

Recently they've had a number of roush leather seats, for coupes and convertibles in a variety of colors. Everyone keeps bidding up the combo i want up too high for me to feel like its worth buying
Old 03-15-2011, 05:41 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kgrun4
Recently they've had a number of roush leather seats, for coupes and convertibles in a variety of colors. Everyone keeps bidding up the combo i want up too high for me to feel like its worth buying
I know the feeling. It was just me and this other one bidder in a war. My top dollar was gonna be 600.00 and no more. This bidder and I literally fought each other for a couple days. I guess they gave out and I got it for 595.00. You can't get a price that good for this kind of quality leather from Katzkin or Leatherseats.com. I think I got a great deal. However I have seen these go for less. But not in charcoal and red. I've been watching for a couple months now. So when I saw these listed I got excited lol.

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Nice, Im looking at similar ones from the same ebay store but i have cloth seats and they all say they dont fit
Thanks. Check the overstock section on Roush's website as well. Maybe they have them for a decent price on there.

Last edited by timmbo; 03-15-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

You were the one that won! congrats! i got a set last year before xmas,the same has yours for 400 bucks which was a steal,only they would not ship to`canada,so i drove 4 hours there and 4 back to pick them up!post some picks when done,mine should done in the next few weeks
Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

Nice find! The interior of my car was one of the first things I wanted to change out but is one of the last I'll do due to the expense.. but I just found a tan/red combo that would look fairly good in my car if their red matches Torch Red. Only problem is, I have cloth interior... whats the difference that the sets require upgrading from an existing leather interior?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

I bought the same set with yellow from eBay (Roush) two weeks ago, thanks to one of the guys here posting the link. I paid 249. for the covers, plus shipping of 80 to Alaska. The reason it says they won't fit non-leather seats, is that they have no head rest covers. They look funny with the cloth head rests and leather seats. I found a set of covers for the head rests on eBay for 30 shipped, so now I have leather head rests. That was the only difference we found in buying them and trying them on cloth seats. Everything looks fine now, and for less than $360 I have Roush covers, with the nice lumbar wings. I also installed seat heaters while I had the covers off, and added a used dash controller from ebay that had the switches for the heated seats. With minor wiring, I now have factory looking heated Roush seats. Oh yeah, I took a Mountaineer rt side power seat base and with minor modification, I now have a power passenger seat which my wife loves, because now she can see over the dash panel.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

akdoggie - good to know! thanks for taking the dive and purchasing those to find out the differences! the set comes with the foam cores too, right? do the "coupe" specified ones come with headrest covers though? Sounds like you've done a very nice mod to your car!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

i think also the sensor in the passenger seat is different,i remember reading this.also the head rests! if you tell them its for 05 or 06 they have a kit that comes for the headrest, saw the kit when i picked mine up at roush in dec.Its different foam to work with 07to 09 seat covers.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:41 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Nice score Tim. I emailed the seller trying to find out if they can work with cloth seats. Still waiting for a response. Are you gonna do the install or pay someone?

Quick Reply: Nice interior score on a Roush closeout!