Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got mine last week!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
gettna05!
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally got mine last week!

Hey BTD, what is the 800 number? My salesman isn't telling me a thing. thanks
Old 08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

gettna05..

It is 1-800-962-3746

You will need your Dealers Number (5 digits) and your Order Number (4 digits) and the model of your car. (Convertible is a T85)
Old 08-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Blackness
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

Congrats...every time I see one, I just feel worse about mine...ordered a month and a day ago, still not VIN'd yet.
if mine ever shows up I'm liable to put 1000 miles on it before I can get out for any longer than it will take to fill the tank
Same here! ordered mine 7/28 not even VIN'd...Gonna try that 800 #
Old 08-29-2005, 04:03 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

When I ordered in mid-November of last year, little did I know it would take so long just to get a car. I took reciept of the car 2 days short of 8 months. How many of you are willing to wait that long for a car? Not me, that's how I ended up finding one on the internet at a dealer a little more than an hour away from me. I bought it after waiting 6 months for the ordered car. 5 days later, the ordered car went to priority 1. 7 weeks later, it was delivered to the dealer. Since I was still price locked when I ordered the car and several price increases already took affect, I bought it any it anyway. I just couldn't pass up 2K under sticker. It may have been luck, but I love both cars. So for you that are waiting, I challenge you to at least a 6 month wait and let me know how you feel after those 6 months of not knowing anything.[sm=boohoo.gif]
Old 08-29-2005, 05:31 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

Well the longer my wait goes, I'm sure the more '06 GT's will be appearing on the internet. As of now, I see a few have appeared on ebay, of course from dealerships in Texas and Florida that are probably saturated with 05's & 06's. If Ford doesnt plan on building my order soon, I might just start to really consider the next '06 GT I see on ebay that is remotely close to the '06 that I ordered. Right now that seems like the only way I will be able to purchase this car any time soon.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:30 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

well got word from dealer- rep took order info numbers to at least check into it- HERES THE PROBLEM:

She told dealer the ENTIRE northeast 'zone' whatever(something about including pittsburgh- I'm near akron Ohio- about 150 miles of dealerships at a minimum) is only getting 8 gt's per week- currently all of those are makeups for 05's, zone allocation sends almost all the mustangs south. Its gonna be a long winter...

Old 08-30-2005, 02:56 PM
old tsteffes
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: andyman
I ordered this car on march 1st and got it last wednesday.....i love this car
Congrats dude! I think what I liked best about these shots aside from the amazing car was the smile on your face. I think I've had the smile a plastered on mine for the last two weeks straight. Enjoy!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:50 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Congrats andyman that is a sweet car. You life will never be the same. I hope you don't mind detailing because black is the hardest to keep clean however in my opinion the best color.. Dig that red interior too.
ORIGINAL: andyman
i used to detail everyones car around the neighborhood when I was younger, so i don't mind it. The other day i washed it for 2 hours or so and then hit a puddle on the way back, turned around, and cleaned that part of lol
Old 08-31-2005, 12:16 AM
ss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

When I ordered in mid-November of last year, little did I know it would take so long just to get a car. I took reciept of the car 2 days short of 8 months. How many of you are willing to wait that long for a car? Not me, that's how I ended up finding one on the internet at a dealer a little more than an hour away from me. I bought it after waiting 6 months for the ordered car. 5 days later, the ordered car went to priority 1. 7 weeks later, it was delivered to the dealer. Since I was still price locked when I ordered the car and several price increases already took affect, I bought it any it anyway. I just couldn't pass up 2K under sticker. It may have been luck, but I love both cars.
DITTO
Some of the names & numbers have been changed to protect the innocent, but our story is almost exactly the same. We were told the one we custom ordered would never be built, then it rose from the dead. Ford needs to communicate with their dealers and customers better !!!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:26 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Congrats! I waited 2 1/2 months but it was well worth it! A die hard GM fan for many years I am very happy with my Mustang. Enjoy the ride!

Quick Reply: Finally got mine last week!