Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted one for 40 Years.....

Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

After buying my Stang as a garage queen (my SUV is my DD) I DID use the Stang as my long distance ride, using it to make the 410 mile run from Kentucky to Chicago every 2 weeks for almost 2 years in addition to a few trips from Chicago to Philly to Boston to Chicago. Staying within 5 MPH of the PSL was tough but on those stretches of road from KY to Chicago that I travelled frequently, I knew where I could run and would do sprints up to 130+ MPH almost every trip (when conditions were right). I'd also find a few rabbits and run steady 90's for up to an hour or more, lack of traffic permitting. The Stang is incredibly stable and comfortable at high speeds for extended periods. Of course, I'm in no way advocating speeding. Just use your head.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo

Your operating manual can be found here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/?utm_s...eyword=125x125
Great bunch to do business with.

^This haha. Welcome and congratulations! Can't wait to see you start upgrading (and it definitely sounds like you'll be starting soon), and it's better late than never to grab an American coupe with an incredible heritage like the Mustang.

If you keep the upgrades coming in regularly, you may start seeing some mixed emotions from your woman; been there, done that haha.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 AM
SoCalGT08

Oh Yeah....I learned about AM real quick....CAI, Bama 91 Race Tune, Tower Strut Brace....lots of goodies already......

I can see how this could become addictive......

Our UPS Driver loves my Mustang.....so he knows to hide any packages from AM in the garage.....to avoid "Wife Detection".....Hahaha
Old 03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SoCalGT08
Oh Yeah....I learned about AM real quick....CAI, Bama 91 Race Tune, Tower Strut Brace....lots of goodies already......

I can see how this could become addictive......

Our UPS Driver loves my Mustang.....so he knows to hide any packages from AM in the garage.....to avoid "Wife Detection".....Hahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s62uC726w4
Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OIIIIO
HAHAHA that's funny. Sad because it's true, but funny
Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Congratz, forget about spending money on all this other ****, just get a M90 SC and all will be well!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:10 PM
lil_sixer
2nd Gear Member

Congrats Big man! There is nothing like a sexy mustang in your driveway!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:58 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

I bought my 07 in 2009 because it was good looking and the price was something I could afford. It was a base V6 with a decent option package.

The first thing I did was order the GT style grille. Then the front lip spoiler. Hood scoop, complete Bulliet suspension & brake upgrade, then 18 inch Chrome Bulliet rims with BFG's. I thought I was done. Nope. Then I switched the rear spoiler for a GT style. Replaced the rear fascia with a GT/CS. Whew. That was enough, until I added a LS differential, with 3:73's. Upgraded the interior to Roush leathers w/ seat heaters, MyColor option, IPU, pedals, trunk switch, AutoDim mirror/compass/temp, shifter, and etc. I also added the passenger power option seat base. Screaming Deamon coil w/live wires, CAI w/tune installed, strut brace (dual bar).

Outside I'm adding a Shelby hood scoop, side panel scoops, 1/4 window louvers and this summer, dual blue overbody stripes w/pin stripes. I've also done some under-hood dress-up. Grille extension covers, battery/brake covers, chrome caps, strut covers and caps, dipstick end, and more. Most of what I did was creature comforts that people want, especially inside and the chassis. The absolute best part of this is I've managed to do all this, all the parts and accessories, for less than $2k. Probably another $350 in freight charges though.

The real intention of buying a V6 was to give to my grandson, but since he was still to young to drive, I'd been having fun setting it up for him. Last week I went down and ordered a new California Special for myself. The wait is going to be murder. It already is. lol

See how easy it is to start adding stuff to your Mustang? I only wanted to add the grille w/fog lights and chin spoiler. Look where I ended up. lol
Old 03-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the site, and the family

Let the modding begin

Your wife is about to be super pissed that you're spending more money on your "other woman" than her. LOL!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:44 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Congrats! I bought my 2011 because I knew I had a narrow window. My kids are 6 and 3... and figured that if I waited any longer, life (and my wife) would get in the way of me getting my dream car. You only live once... and I fully believe you have to balance your life with being responsible... and satisfying the kid in you. Now go play!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanted one for 40 Years.....