Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to get my 05 v6 Mustang to give a great burnout

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:53 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
+1 on both. Without the differential change, you'll be stuck in one wheel peel land. Sorry.

TCS doesn't come stock on v6 unless you had the optional ABS system from what I recall.
I have no ABS or TCS. Always thought ABS was standard, apparently not lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Got bored and decided to just poke around again and look at '05 V6 packages and yes, abs w/traction control was an optional package.

http://www.cars.com/ford/mustang/200...=USB50FOC051A0

You would think in 2005 day and age, ABS would be a standard on all cars
Old 03-30-2011, 08:15 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I KNOW its ridiculous right?! I bought my car, and after going through the start up after getting it I realized "I have no ABS?!"... Its not a huge problem, but I fully expected to have that and traction control of some type standard, especially in a premium model lol.

I mean, my old 97 camry had ABS standard. Shouldn't an 08 sports car have one too? Oh well
Old 03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
I KNOW its ridiculous right?! I bought my car, and after going through the start up after getting it I realized "I have no ABS?!"... Its not a huge problem, but I fully expected to have that and traction control of some type standard, especially in a premium model lol.

I mean, my old 97 camry had ABS standard. Shouldn't an 08 sports car have one too? Oh well
They eventually called it a "safety package" and put it on pretty much ever 07+ 4.0.

My 4.0 Pony package was base.. and still had the "safety package".

Regarding burnouts.. the smokiest burnout ive ever done was on that v6. Some kids egged me on at a stop light.. and I just held the brake until around 3000 rpm and let go. SERIOUS CLOUD OF SMOKE! Went bake the next day.. and saw my 20 yard single stripe. Ordered a t-lok the next day

That said.. 200HP going to one tire can create a smoky burnout with little effort.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:02 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
They eventually called it a "safety package" and put it on pretty much ever 07+ 4.0.

My 4.0 Pony package was base.. and still had the "safety package".

Regarding burnouts.. the smokiest burnout ive ever done was on that v6. Some kids egged me on at a stop light.. and I just held the brake until around 3000 rpm and let go. SERIOUS CLOUD OF SMOKE! Went bake the next day.. and saw my 20 yard single stripe. Ordered a t-lok the next day

That said.. 200HP going to one tire can create a smoky burnout with little effort.
Yeah for some reason mine doesn't have the safety pkg, but has a bunch of other weird options haha. ( like20 cluster lighting options anyone??)

I think they changed it for the 2010 models in that respect, cause mine for sure doesn't have abs or trac... Oh well, not that abs is critical in DD, but its a nice safety net. Meh, If I wanted safe and mundane, I would have bought a honda
Old 03-31-2011, 02:14 AM
Mastermmm
Banned

Originally Posted by 2007 grimlock stang
1. CAI with TUNE
2. 4.10 gears (Auto) or 3.73 (Manual) with T-Lock differential

These 2 will allow you to burnout until your heart's content. My set up will do a burnout from standstill up through 30-35mph when it shifts to 3rd. No brake standing needed. Go with American Muscle/BAMA tuning. I can do a burnout with just 1/2" pressed on the gas.

I also must add that I still run the stock 215/65R16s so that answers a lot of it!!!
So I have a BBK RAI, I'm not getting a CAI for flooding reasons, and I will most likely be getting a SFC Tuner soon, but my question is what does 2. mean? I'm not sure what 4.10 gears means, or what that means I should do.

Thanks,

Mastermmm
Old 03-31-2011, 02:18 AM
Mastermmm
Banned

Originally Posted by adidas04
So why exactly do you need to do a burnout? I'm assuming you aren't asking so you can warm your tires before a run at the strip in your nearly stock 6'er... (and if you are that's cool, I'm not judging)

Is nobody else a little weary about giving this person advice? The questions asked suggest that this person is probably inexperienced behind the wheel... Not trying to be a lame-***, just looking out for everyone here.
Thanks for showing how much of an *** you are..good for you. No, asswipe, I'm not looking to go and race my car, but I do like to show off, who doesn't. Also, there are two different things; being inexperienced as a DRIVER, and being inexperienced as a MECHANIC. I am a DRIVER, hence, I am asking questions on what I can add to my car, and what can be installed. Get it right.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:58 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mastermmm
Thanks for showing how much of an *** you are..good for you. No, asswipe, I'm not looking to go and race my car, but I do like to show off, who doesn't. Also, there are two different things; being inexperienced as a DRIVER, and being inexperienced as a MECHANIC. I am a DRIVER, hence, I am asking questions on what I can add to my car, and what can be installed. Get it right.
Have some respect newb. That was your 3rd post and you're already calling people names cursing on the boards. I couldn't have been more polite about questioning your motives.

No, not everyone has to "show off" to feel respected or cool. There is no place for "showing off" on open roads. There is a time and place for that kind of stuff and its almost never away from the track. I'm all for having fun with the car, that's why all of us are here, but the last thing the world needs is another punk putting others in danger.

There are 200 million people in this country who call themselves "drivers" like you consider yourself. 95% of people that are slightly into cars and have driven for very long understand how a burnout works, hence me suggesting that you probably haven't logged many hours behind the wheel. By the way you responded to me, I believe I did get it right.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:08 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

OP: Being a DRIVER simply doesn't mean you know how to handle the car but also which components are providing you that ability to smoke your tires, handle thru curves, stop on a dime, etc.. Regardless if some are questioning your ability or motives, the majority of the responses here are/were for your benefit. If you expect to get nothing but praise and thumbs-up when you ask a question, even one that I consider as juvenile as yours, you're on the wrong planet.

Either man up to or disregard the responses you don't like and appreciate the ones you do.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:16 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

We,ve been cool enough to tolerate this stupid thread from the get go, but now that the OP has an attitude with calling people names, it's done for.

The best posts on this thread were the ones about the ABS brakes, which was off topic. LOL.

Try again OP.