Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:17 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

garage door opener?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:41 AM
whaler417

Default garage door opener?

I noticed that the 2012's have the MYHome garage door opener incorporated in the visor. This option wasn't available on the 2011's. Anyone know if it would be posible to install a visor with the door opener into the 2011? I am sure that power has to be run?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:23 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Finally Ford does Homelink in the Stangs...I'd be very interested in these for my '10 vert also.

I've not seen these actual visors but basically most of these openers are variations of HomeLink technology.

The trick will be getting the power up to it with a clean look. Again...having not seen them I don't know if the wiring goes through the visor mount or has a seperate short wire.

Homelink is really fairly simple...they pretty much just need a power wire and ground. Which can be tapped at the fuse box or from a known circuit behind the dask. How clean it looks depends on the mount and wire routing Ford is using in the new style visors. I'll be keeping an eye for '12 Stang to see how they mount.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Its been done already. It just splices into the always hot wire from your map lights ...
Old 03-30-2011, 04:17 PM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

+1

Homelink just needs power
Old 03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

I wired a switch to a garage door opener and then wired to the mustang so I dont have to change the battery. Installed the switch in the dome light. Done
Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 AM
whaler417

nice, I am sure if I order a visor through Ford it will cost me.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

My wife has this in her 2010 Eddie Bauer explorer. I have the Chamberlin shaft drive opener and couldnt figure out how to make it work in stock form. From what I was reading, it's not compatible as is. You guys know how to make it work? It'd be nice to recover that remote she never uses for my old explorer...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:44 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

All you need is a gps in the your car and your house rigged up as favorites, and some one will steal your Stang and have access to your house due to the garage opener and your favorites setting on your gps. So beware cause s--t like that happens all the time around here.while people are at work. Make sure you set your favorites on your gps as a house 3 - 4 houses down just incase. Take it for what its worth.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:34 AM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Looking at some other forums where others have already done the swap it looks like it will run close to $400 or so for both sides(parts only). The design is different enough that you pretty much have to have both sides.

From what I've read they are an overall upgrade as the passenger side is lit and both sides slide/extend a few inches for when the sun is coming in from the side.

Part #'s for Coupe:
Driver: BR3Z6304105DB
Passenger: BR3Z6304104AB

Vert:
Driver : BR3Z7604105DA
Passenger: BR3Z7604104AA

edit:
I've looked at a couple Ford parts houses online and didn't see these listed yet. It looks like most have been going to their dealers to order directly.

Last edited by SterlingGTVert; 03-31-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:19 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
All you need is a gps in the your car and your house rigged up as favorites, and some one will steal your Stang and have access to your house due to the garage opener and your favorites setting on your gps. So beware cause s--t like that happens all the time around here.while people are at work. Make sure you set your favorites on your gps as a house 3 - 4 houses down just incase. Take it for what its worth.
Or they could take your registration instead and have your precise address. This is also why I installed a deadbolt from the garage into the house. And if they do manage to get in the house or garage while Im here, they will being saying hello to my little friend Sig and goodbye to this world. One of the few things I like about Colorado...

Quick Reply: garage door opener?