Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally taking everyone's advice...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Planning on going to the AM show this year Baker? Saw your car there last year
Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I've been using AM for years and have always been 100% satisfied. Just got pre painted quarter window louvers....nice!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Considering what we spend on these S197's, it's silly to squabble over the $$ for the CAI & tune. Guyz dump just as much $$ into axlebacks that don't do squat other than improve exhaust note.
True, but its kinda depressing when you compare the price to other cars CAIs. My friend bought one for his 95? Cobra the other day for under $200 and me and him installed it. Not only was it a true cold air and not just a higher flowing intake (it relocates the intake into the fender by the wheel, just as my old accord CAI did) but its 1/3 the price.

Then again i spent ~$300 back in the day on my accords CAI which did nothing other then make it sound better and add a mpg or two (i was actually very impressed with the exhaust note change, everything else was stock except the intake and it sounded pretty mean for a 4cyl, not ricey at all)
Old 04-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Well, I just graduated from college, got my first (real) job out of school so I've got a few bills to take care of aka student loans! haha...I figured that I'm working 2 jobs right now so I deserve to spend a little and decided to make 2 big purchases for my car per year and this was my first. Next on my list (as of now) is a GT/CS rear, ductail spoiler and paint the black stripes on (they're vinyl) and then on to the engine bay! My goal is to have one of the nicest bays out there so in the next couple years it's going to be sweet! (I hope)
What degree did you graduate with? Im in school now with hopefully only 3 semesters left for my bachelors in mechanical engineering from Ga Tech. I know how it is having limited funding to go towards your car, kinda sucks. But for my first 2-3 years of school i was at a much smaller and easier school so i worked 30-40 hours a week at Publix and managed to save up a good bit as well as afford my car and a couple jet skis. I have the cs rear and a roush spoiler and i LOVE how the rear of my car looks, definitely a good combo. Congrats on the cai, hopefully i can buy mine one day but its not looking soon. Spent a few hundred on jet ski parts and then $500 on my new roush seats in the past month and im not working but 2-3 days a month!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:40 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Someday the prices on our parts just drop just like our predecessors..
Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

congrats.....you will enjoy the power....
Old 04-04-2011, 03:50 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
Planning on going to the AM show this year Baker? Saw your car there last year
As of now, absolutely! I should be coming up a day or two early as it is a 7 hour drive for me and I'll be meeting with everyone from the forum before we show up. I think last year you were running late or something happened that you couldn't meet up with us so we never really got to meet. We'll have to fixt that this year and I'm gonna have to check out those wheels!

Originally Posted by wcgman
I've been using AM for years and have always been 100% satisfied. Just got pre painted quarter window louvers....nice!
Congrats man! Be sure to post up some pics for us pic ******!

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
What degree did you graduate with? Im in school now with hopefully only 3 semesters left for my bachelors in mechanical engineering from Ga Tech.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology from the University of Mount Union (DIII national champs in football 13 out of the last 17 times.) and am currently working for GOJO (soap company that created Purell among many others) as a microbiologist. I also still work at Subway on the weekends. Worked there full time through college to pay for not only my bills but school. Congrats on being so close to graduating! Student loans are no fun let me tell you. If I could give you just one piece of advice about graduating I would have to say get your RESUME READY EARLY! It sucks doing it but It's sooooo worth getting done so you can apply to jobs during your last semester and immediately have a job. Good luck with the rest of your collegiate career.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
As of now, absolutely! I should be coming up a day or two early as it is a 7 hour drive for me and I'll be meeting with everyone from the forum before we show up. I think last year you were running late or something happened that you couldn't meet up with us so we never really got to meet. We'll have to fixt that this year and I'm gonna have to check out those wheels!

Yeah man. I didn't get up there til later in the afternoon but this time I'm gonna make a point to get up there early. I can't wait