Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Props to American Muscle.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:03 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Props to American Muscle.

When I first got my 06 GT, I treated AM like any other vendor on the internet or in person. What that means is that I could care less if I used them because I didnt feel they had any loyalty to me as a customer. I would have had no problem telling them back in those days where to stick it if there was a confrontation.

At this point, they have a customer for life...if they dont mess up bad that is. They always have the best prices, treat me with the utmost respect, the one time there was an issue a replacement was sent immediately, and I've been very happy with how quickly my orders come undamaged, etc. I cant say enough good about them. They dont exploit their customer base and steal install docs from forums and post as theirs, but they give their customers the opportunity to earn credit if they write install docs for them...they are simply awesome.

My latest experience was I wanted 4.10's for my '10. Yesterday, I went to a shop here in Denver that I've been loyal to for almost a decade. I gave them the opportunity to earn my business. I was frank and said here's what I want and at what cost because I knew what AM was charging for parts. It ended up with me walking out empty handed even though the parts were inches from me on the counter. I dont have loyalty to a company that overcharges me for exactly the same product, period. I not only ordered the parts from AM this morning...I ordered about 200 in dress up stuff, just because.

So mad props to AM and the crew there. They are the best and I hope they keep it up.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:22 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Not me I order from mainly brenspeed but do business with AM, Moss Muscle, and silverhorse racing. I have had one bad experience and that was with AM. Im not going to get into the story but I have since ordered more parts from them since the bad experience. I like brenspeed b/c I always get great advice on the parts that I am buying. To me advice and information that I get from them far out ways a price savings of a few bucks.

But thats me plus I live about an hour and half from them so its just convienent for me to go with brenspeed. My opinion is not a bashing one I was just throwing in my .02. There are other companies that deserve to be on the list I just havent used them. But for the most part every company I have dealt with has been good.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed feeds her...AM dresses her. Never had a problem, both have been great. Nuff said, except thanks to both for the great service!

2008 Vapor GT Premium
Brenspeed tuned
Pype Violators
18 DDB's 255/295 staggered
TCI shifter
Sony XAV60
Astra Hammon chin
Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Not me I order from mainly brenspeed but do business with AM, Moss Muscle, and silverhorse racing. I have had one bad experience and that was with AM. Im not going to get into the story but I have since ordered more parts from them since the bad experience. I like brenspeed b/c I always get great advice on the parts that I am buying. To me advice and information that I get from them far out ways a price savings of a few bucks.

But thats me plus I live about an hour and half from them so its just convienent for me to go with brenspeed. My opinion is not a bashing one I was just throwing in my .02. There are other companies that deserve to be on the list I just havent used them. But for the most part every company I have dealt with has been good.
I hear ya and your opinion isnt taken as any kind of a bash. I've used Brenspeed and Moss as well in the past and it was a positive experience. It is great that we have a place (MF) that is sponsored by great companies.

An interesting note to my story is that the shop I trusted locally which I am disenchanted with now...AM had tech notes on their website about the need for a different pinion bearing starting with the 2010 models from the regular install kit. When I brought this to the attention of the guy at the local shop, he totally dismissed me like I didnt know what I was talking about. I confirmed from other sources that indeed a different bearing is required. So instead of getting into an argument with the guy, I let my wallet do the talking for me.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:05 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

AM love fest lately
Old 04-08-2011, 08:21 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

NEVER have I ever had one bad experience with AM! Yesterday I received my painted CDC classic chin spoiler and it looks great! I received it in the usual two days it takes to get stuff from them. Chris from AM, if your reading this....this is why I keep coming back. And please pass this along to administration.

*Fast shipping
*Real time inventory on the website
*Easy returns. Only returned something once out of the thousands I've spent.
*Competitive Pricing. Not the cheapest but I will pay for fast shipping and OUTSTANDING customer service any day over saving a few bucks only to wonder if I will ever get something or if it will be as advertised. You guys over and over have earned my trust.
*Your webmaster there is the best! Easy to navigate. Great photos and enlargements help make my decisions.

Keep up the good work!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:09 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Over 15 G's spent on AM, THE BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN MY LIFE HANDS DOWN !! THEY OWN UP TO S-IT WHEN THEY ARE WRONG AND THATS WHY I RESPECT THEM SO MUCH !!! THEY HAVE MY LOYALTY FOR LIFE
Old 04-08-2011, 01:35 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by outceltj
were you there around Dec. 1st ?

is this yours?
Old 04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

oh, and if you subscribe to the AM newsletter - i saw today, a free banner with any purchase over $100..

FreeBanner0509 - code @ checkout

ends April 22nd...

AM has been decent with me.. had a big problem with silverhorse racing's black powdercoated grille i got from them, they took em back twice.. money back.. quick.. all good here...

Last edited by MeanStang08; 04-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:51 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

yeah I got my axle backs from them and had no problem. Quick shipping and everything was perfect. Whenever I can, I plan on getting my CAI+ Tuner from them and prob 4.10 gears

Quick Reply: Props to American Muscle.