Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:23 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JMcDonald
As of right now everything is stock and its a 6 spd. I realize there’s a lot to do but all i have is time and money so what I need is the forums experience and knowledge. I'll give brenspeed a call and see what they have to say for the 2011 though. Also as far as warranty goes I don’t know if it’s just my dealership or not but they told me anything I do voids the warranty. Seeing as how I bought the car to mod it I'm going to end up voiding the warranty anyway. Thanks for the help.
OK - the dealership is going to tell you blah blah blah about warranty. Do a search on the forums and you'll see this is a constant gripe. Legally, they cant void your warranty because of a modification. So mod to your hearts delight. They can however deny a warranty claim if they can prove that a modification you've made to the vehicle caused the problem. You can have authorized dealers install superchargers, etc... and maintain your 3/36 factory warranty (i.e. http://www.brenspeed.com/10-1607-b11313.html)

I'll put this in the plainest language I can...I'd first take the 3k and make it look bad@$$. Look at American Muscle, find the appearance mods that catch my eye and slap dat blankety blank. Oh yeah, she'd be dead sexy when I was done. I could blow 1500 bux like that there and be good with the way she's lookin...then maybe blow some coin on sweet muffler deletes. Now she sounds totally sick. Oh yeah...you hear me comin. Now the 10k hits my bank account...I'd call Brenspeed and say yeah, I'll pay my travel up there and parts, but you're gonna install for free so you can use my sweet 11 as a test bed for your first SC install on a 5oh. Oh, that's only gonna run me about 6k when its done? Well, how about headers and cams while you're under there.

I just had a relative hit the jackpot recently (seriously) and get about 150k. The first thing she did was run out and buy her a Harley F150. Then a bike. Then a boat. I figure she's probably down around 75k by now. Hard problem to have. Yours is a bit smaller scale, but I think you'll find if you contact the experts at Bren and AM, they are the real pros and many of us have trusted them to help us make the right decisions based on our wishes and our budgets. Im sure Doug and his boys would be happy to help you part with your 13k real quick and turn your car into a striped @$$ ape even more than it already is!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 AM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

If you go performance, just get a supercharger right off the bat! That way ur performance fix will be over and done with. No need to nickel and dime with some performance mods. In the end you will end up with a S/C anyways, so just get it over with now, lol