Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what I Found! First BOSS 302 off the line!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:43 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I am in love with the paint and the decals. I'm a HUGE fan of orange and black. Your Boss pulls it off nicely.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:44 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

lol any of you on here loaded? pay off my loan on this car, give me the money for another boss and #0001 is yours. i fully plan to drive the shat out of this car, the first one produced is just a bit of icing on teh cake. Track day next month!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 92hatchLX
I am in love with the paint and the decals. I'm a HUGE fan of orange and black. Your Boss pulls it off nicely.
i have always liked comp orange termi's and this was my favorite colro on the 69-70 mustnags. it also happened to be the only boss 302 color you cant get on a normal stang and i liek the bright colors as you may all know. it was all win!

i guess i should say a bit about the car. It drives great, it comes with the adjustable dampers set on 2 out of 5 clicks. it is more firm on 2 than my koni yellows were on 2.5 front and 2 turns rear. it's not harsh or uncomfortable at all, just more firm. the adjustable steering is cool, i put it on sport mode and could definitely tell a difference. the car is more accurate than on normal, which it was on by default. I dint know what all the selective steering does, but it felt like you have to make smaller wheel movements to get the same amount of movement on the front wheels between normal and sport.

the recaro seats are very supportive and comfortable, even my wife liked them and she hardly likes anything car related. they look great. i will say this, if you are a big guy you will want to try these seats out first. i am 5'10" and weight 200 pounds. I coudl lose 15 pounds or so, but i have broad shoulders and a big chest, the seats are snug. i wear a 48 coat and have a 34 waist, if you are much larger you may find the seats uncomfortable. i also noticed that the deep side bolsters make getting in and out of the car a bit challenging.

That is assuming you like to ride more upright and closer to the wheel liek i do. YOu have to turn sudeways and drop into the seat or the hips hit the wheel and side boulsters. teh power if fantastic, the car feels much faster than my blown 10 on teh stock roush tune and honestly feels faster than the 10 did on teh vmp 500 tune. especialyl in teh upper rpm. it realyl feels like when the boost on my m90 woudl hit about 3500 rpm pon the 10 when the boss gets to about 4500, it just freaking takes off. You cna go from 60 to 120 and not even realize it, the car is very smooth.

Teh tranny is nice, the throws are longer than my MGW on the 10, but they are silky smooth. i just have to get used to the new pattern and how 6th feels like more to the right and down. teh car is quiet, but keep in mind that i am used to the rectangualr flows. Yu cna actualyl hear the exhaust inside the car, i coudl hear nothign of the 10 when it was stock. I plan to rmeove the restrictors in teh side exit pipes this weekend. that is suppsoed to free up a lot more sound and one of the guys dynoed his before and after and picked up 10whp with teh restirctors out. that's all i cna think of for now!

Last edited by ShaneM; 04-18-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:05 PM
nicknack1016
1st Gear Member

i agree with wcg. That car is going to be worth some serious money. #1 means a lot to people with a lot of money. Definitely going to be a collectible.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:10 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

lol, i don't really think its going to be worth anything more than any other TBH, i have no intentions of putting it in storage and sitting on it. this will be my DD/show car / track car / autocross car.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

I'd feel bad for any woman who came into my life if I had this... She'd get no attention.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

So wait, you have #1? That's badass and will be worth some major $$ some day. Congrats, I can only imagine the feeling!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Congratulations! That's insane you got #1. I know she would be hard to let go of right now, but I'd honestly put some thought into turning it around for a profit. Personally, myself, I'm no car collector. I'm like you, I'd drive that thing into the ground and love every minute of it, so it wouldn't matter much to me if I had #1 or # 4,000. Sell it to some rich collector so he can put the #1 Boss 302 into climate controlled storage, you can turn right around and get another Boss with some cash in your pocket without feeling bad about beating on a possibly historic Mustang.

But, she's your baby. Do what you want and have fun with her! Congrats again!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Awesome machine!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Your making news.....around the forums!! Your gonna be giving out autographs!!!

http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...eruc68lej4#new

Quick Reply: Look what I Found! First BOSS 302 off the line!