Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boss 302 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default Boss 302 Questions

Hey guys!

It's been a while since I owned a Mustang, obviously the last one being the 2002 GT. I'm on my 2nd Corvette now and am considering trading it in for a 2012 Boss 302.

I have one major concern though, they seem to be regulating the color combinations of the vehicle quite a bit depending on what you want for the Reverse C-Stripe and the Laguna Seca package. This is extremely dissapointing.

What I want...is a Kona Blue Boss 302 with black C-Stripe/Roof. Apparently, the only combination you can get with Kona Blue is blue/white. That looks terrible. The black and red or black and orange look ok, but I really want blue/black. Hell, you can't even get black or silver unless you do the Laguna Seca package.

I'm looking for some insight into this and I'm curious what you guys think about somehow trying to do a custom order where I CAN get the black stripes on a Kona Blue model. I realize they are probably limited color combos due to exclusivity and historic reasons...but unfortunately I'm not interested in any of that.

Love your thoughts and opinions on this, thanks!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:49 AM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

as far as I know, all of the leguna seca packages have been built or all orders have already been used up for 2012 model year.

The only way to know for sure what you can do with the color combo is going to a dealer and asking. If you cant get the color combo that you want, the only thing you can do is remove the decals after you bought the vehicle and replace it with the color that you want.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:53 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Contact ShaneM, he might be able to help you order one and he is very well versed in all subject matter related to the BOSS 302 as he is a current owner.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

The problem with simply moving the stripes over is once the stripes are swapped for black...you still have a white roof.

I'll definitely stop at a dealer and ask about it, wasn't sure if someone here might know as well. I don't think there will be an option to do my own paint/stripes.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:22 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

the roof is painted on those cars as is the spoiler, the hood and side stripes are vinyl though. you can change out the vinyl to black and then have the roof covered in vinyl or painted. A few guys with the kona blue cars are doing this. as for why only a few colors, i assume its to do with what was offered on the 69 boss 302. these are basically the same color options. the orange is the only color not a standard mustang color. there are no custom orders. you can bet blaze yellow with black only, kona blue with white only, race red can be had with white or black, competition orange with white or black, and performance white with black only. i'm not a fan of kona blue, but it actually looks good with the white stripes and roof.

in fact the only options on these cars are teh recaro seats that come with the torsen diff and the accessory pack that has floor mats that say Boss 302 and a car cover. if you order just be sure you talk to a dealer that knows what they are doing, not all dealers can get them and they are prone to tell you they can get them. ask what quarter their allotment is for and be prepared to pay at least sticker. I woudl bet you coudl have teh roof painted for $800 or so, the stripes are $1200 per set from what i understnand. A lot of the buys with kona blue boss cars are talkign about doing that. if it were me i'd just pick a different colro, the red, orange, and white look really good.

Last edited by ShaneM; 04-24-2011 at 03:27 PM.