Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REAR SPOILER

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 AM
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

Default REAR SPOILER

i bought the car about a week ago and it came with some aftermarket spoiler on it with billet side plates.. my cars black and so is the wing except for the side plates on it.. now i dont think it looks ugly but i also dont think its me i like my stuff real mean and tough looking so i was thinking about taking it off and not having a spoiler at all?? whats everyones opinion on that? the only thing is if i take it off ill have 4 holes in the trunk so is there any ideas how to fill those in?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Spoiler delete is OK, but not my cup of tea. You will get many comments on personal opinions. I've read in the past, some people bought plastic caps to cover the wholes on the trunk. Try using the search function and type in spoiler delete. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:18 AM
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

yea ive took it off and looked at it before and it just doesnt look right at all idk it aggravates me i feel almost like my car is a rice rocket looker.. i like the stock spoilers and would love to get one theyre just expensive.. and your rims are they off the older generation mustang cobras? like the 03,04s? or will those even fit?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty4.6
yea ive took it off and looked at it before and it just doesnt look right at all idk it aggravates me i feel almost like my car is a rice rocket looker.. i like the stock spoilers and would love to get one theyre just expensive.. and your rims are they off the older generation mustang cobras? like the 03,04s? or will those even fit?
I hear ya bro! There maybe members that know of a reputable company that sells spoilers at a reasonable price, hopefully they will chime in.
My wheels are the Cobra "R" model, which were popular on the older models. I have wheel spacers, which allows the wheels to fit properly.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:51 AM
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

yea i gotcha i thought thats what you needed for those wheels.. but probably what im going to do is take my spoiler off until i find one better or can get the gt500 one or something cause i hate this one i have i wish i had pictures to show but i dont it makes my car look like a rice rocket lol
Old 04-25-2011, 09:58 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

You can get GT spoilers from new take off. Think they were around $100. Otherwise you can find something else. People have gotten spoilers from the spoiler store on ebay. The reviews on that vendor here has been hit or miss though, but apparently the price is right.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
I hear ya bro! There maybe members that know of a reputable company that sells spoilers at a reasonable price, hopefully they will chime in.
My wheels are the Cobra "R" model, which were popular on the older models. I have wheel spacers, which allows the wheels to fit properly.
You have wheel spacers? Those wheels must not be 98-04 offset then cause on our cars they stick out already, spacers would make it worse with the 98-04 offset.

OP, Sounds like you possibly have a Steeda spoiler? Pics?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:14 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

GT500 from the spoilerstore at ebay. Mine is perfect. Price is so right. Stock wing is awful IMO, I can only imagine what yours looks like. $120 shipped, and it completly changes the look of your stang.

Wheels from the previous s197 stangs will fit our cars but just stick out a little. I use bullitts from an 02 with my drag tires. They look cool.
Attached Thumbnails REAR SPOILER-img_20110418_175507.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 12:27 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
GT500 from the spoilerstore at ebay. Mine is perfect. Price is so right. Stock wing is awful IMO, I can only imagine what yours looks like. $120 shipped, and it completly changes the look of your stang.

Wheels from the previous s197 stangs will fit our cars but just stick out a little. I use bullitts from an 02 with my drag tires. They look cool.
+1 on the spoiler store!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 PM
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

ok thanks ill check it out for sure!.. and yea it made my car look like a rice rocket like the guy before me tried making it an import or something idk i took it off and repaired his damages he left behind like minor surface scratches and the excess glue from it being slopped on.. and i went to the hardware store and got the plastic plugs and shoved them in the holes the car looks mean.. im going to try and get some pictures up on here soon.. and another question my wheels are polished i was wanting to make them black till i got my different wheels... at the auto parts store dupi-color makes a wheel paint kit to put a black tint on them and comes with clear coat.. the more coats the more black.. i was wondering if it would look cheap or if it could be done well and hold up for awhile till i got new ones??

Quick Reply: REAR SPOILER