Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pype bombs and O/R H - Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:54 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Default Pype bombs and O/R H - Results

HOLY S***

It sounds like a beast, it has a great mean sound to it....but DAMN is that sucker LOUD. I don't know what I think about it just yet. It sounds great under 2.5K rpm's so its a great modd to keep your MPG up. =p lol and when you get on it, its like you are raising the dead.

Anyone else have a similar set up? I know some guys around here are running something like this. lol

I will be getting some sound clips of it tonight.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good I would really like to hear it if you get a chance to put up a video. And by the way I have the mac boomtubes with a o/r pro chamber and yes this type of exhust setups are nice sounding on these cars.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:02 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I'm a big advocate of Pype Bombs! I looove them! I can't wait to see what happens when I bolt on some Kook's LT's and an offroad X-pipe...gonna be epic! Congrats man, hopefully you enjoy them as much as I have.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:14 PM
350zmarty

I have Pype Bombs on my 06' GT, with the BBK intake with Brenspeed 91 octane tune. The car sounds awesome 0-40 Mph, but once on the freeway, it drones to a point where I now have a vibration type noise in my dash. My flowmasters were tamer and did not have that type of a drone. I am going to give them another month to see if they are worth it, or I will be going back to the flowmasters.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Dens2010GT

Im running the SLP Loudmouths on my 2010 with BBK headers, and i LOVE the sound. :P different exhaust i know but its still a straight through resonated tip. Drone or not though, i love when heads turn every time i down shift or accelerate Glad to hear you love the sound man
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 350zmarty
I have Pype Bombs on my 06' GT, with the BBK intake with Brenspeed 91 octane tune. The car sounds awesome 0-40 Mph, but once on the freeway, it drones to a point where I now have a vibration type noise in my dash. My flowmasters were tamer and did not have that type of a drone. I am going to give them another month to see if they are worth it, or I will be going back to the flowmasters.
That vibration is probably your shifter. I had the same problem and I thought it was my dash but it ended up being from my shifter. For some reason my 93 race tune from BAMA quieted the drone (especially in the cabin) and made it much better for my daily commute.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:00 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dens2010GT
Im running the SLP Loudmouths on my 2010 with BBK headers, and i LOVE the sound. :P different exhaust i know but its still a straight through resonated tip. Drone or not though, i love when heads turn every time i down shift or accelerate Glad to hear you love the sound man
Do you still have your cats? lol this thing is LOUD. idk i think im going to give it a week and see what i think about it. Might just throw the stock catted H back on.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Dens2010GT

I still have my stock H-Pipe. I wanted it to still have the back pressure from the cats to give it a nice gurgle on the downshift. see how you like it, either way its still going to sound like a f***ing beast.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM
football7star21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by viperrmk
HOLY S***

It sounds like a beast, it has a great mean sound to it....but DAMN is that sucker LOUD. I don't know what I think about it just yet. It sounds great under 2.5K rpm's so its a great modd to keep your MPG up. =p lol and when you get on it, its like you are raising the dead.

Anyone else have a similar set up? I know some guys around here are running something like this. lol

I will be getting some sound clips of it tonight.
DUDE i know exactly what you mean, i have the pype bombs and installed an o/r x last month, first start up...holy $h!t, what a difference no cats makes. I was curious as to how much different the H pipe would sound though. I went through a tunnel and a buddy of mine was driving behind me with his windows open and i ripped on it, he said it sounded like the devil was screaming out of my tail pipes... haha i love (its definitely a head turner)
Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

LOL any tickets yet dude? Also guess you shift it early to keep it some what quiet?

Quick Reply: Pype bombs and O/R H - Results