Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Viper owners think of mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

If they could make the the Ford GT powered by the 6.2L supercharged, that would be great. But if they could make a supercharged 6.2L version of the 5.0L Coyote (with TiVCT,4v,improved heads with direct injection) now that would be totally ***-stomping.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:49 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

That's really cool, I am happy to see something like this because I'm a car fanatic that happens to own a Mustang (good choice, yes I know). I hate when I see thread against other cars just because of the company. I love the new challengers, vipers are amazing and so are vettes. I actually like camaros too (probably going to catch some slack for that)! Thanks for sharing this, I'm glad to see threads like this.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:35 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Anyone who's a true car guy or gal really appreciates this thread and the original OP's intent. Vipers are fantastic cars, although if I could start getting into that kind of coin, maybe I'd start digging around for a gently used Ford GT. Now that's a seeexxxyyy car baby...that's my dream car!
YES! The Ford GT is another one of my favorite cars. Talking about RARE.....you hardly see them. I guess because of the fact they are a $100K car and they aren't made any more makes perfect sense why you don't see them on the road as much.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 AM
bobbadio

Are Viper parts really that expensive?
Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bobbadio
Are Viper parts really that expensive?
I think anything that costs over $50K, the parts and labor are going to be expensive. Look at Shelby and Lincoln parts.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:55 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

First mod for a viper would be aluminum reflective wrap for my legs... heh heh heh heh
Old 05-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Ryan™
Banned

Originally Posted by Rat fink
A Viper would smoke any GT mustang, That being said I would not own a car that takes an extra $30,000 to beat a mustang gt that cost $30,000.
If I would put the cost of a viper into a GT. The Gt would win easy.
I think it's like saying a $170,000 Ferrari will beat a Mustang GT. Well Dauh. OK lets put 1/2 the cost of the Ferrari back into the Mustang and all the Ferrari would see is it's 6 tail lights.
I don't think so pal. My mustang eats vipers.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

It's funny that I rarely see people comparing anything to the viper.. not the gt500, or corvettes or gtr's... viper is left out like we forget about it.. just checked kbb, 2006 viper should be around 38,000.. thats getting affordable for most people.. ofcourse it's a 5 year old car haha.. the new ones are 96,000.. so you are looking at ZR-1 and GTR territory there.. although i just did a search for viper and comparisons to the vette and gtr are made, but when i search for gtr and vette i wasn't seeing viper results.. oh well, no dodge love unless you are looking for it I guess

cool that so many viper owners thing mustangs are good daily drivers... I'd expect more challenger/charger fans in there.

Last edited by Mishri; 05-08-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I think the great ,ajority of people who own fast cars, sporty cars, appreciate cars of all types when they are geared towards a performance aspect.

The other day I was talking to a few racers at a local store we hang out at occasionally. They all know I've won the fastest street car catagory a few times at the local strip and I was voicing my disappointment in some of the people in town with fast cars never show up to race. There are two ZR1's, several Z06's a few Ford GTs and Vipers. Not too mention several blown Corvettes. I would love to get some of those guys to show up to the strip, let alone have the nuts to race "little ole Rustang". It's all fun and games and more about bragging rights.

Thanks Forensic Steve for posting the thread.

When is your car gonna be racing again? Your car is probably one the Fastest S197 here currently. There are others that are faster, but most just drop in rarely.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:10 PM
corpsewheelie

i really love and appreciate the viper, my old neighbor use to race vipers, im not talking ordinary street vipers either but full on race cars. him and i would chat it up from time to time and he would let me drive around the neighborhood.
on a second note i hate it when people who have inferior cars go on and bash other cars.
example i have a 01 audi s4, i check a audi forum from time to time and i see a thread about how one guy likes the new 5.0 so i check it out because i will be buying one soon enough. there were so many guys who bashed on the interior, motor, hp, handling.
so i chimed in with how the boss 302 on summer tires not the laguna seca boss, beat the audi R8 and the e92 m3 which were both on R compounds at laguna seca. that it self shows for power and handling. i love the interior of the new 5.0 also, it has less gadgets then any audi ( i dont use any of these options hardly ever its like why even have them) oh yeah it would take another 6-10k to make my s4 to be just as fast as a brand new mustang might i mention the s4 is not reliable at all! so most of your money goes to repairs. as you can tell im very over the S4 it handles like SH*T (i use to race miata's for 10 years so thats what im basing it off of)
some people just need to get off their high horse and respect cars that might not be their cup of tea but are still good cars.
sorry for the rant. if i could afford a viper id get one, but over all i cant wait to get my mustang i test drive them every week just to remind me how much i love the car

Last edited by corpsewheelie; 05-08-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: What Viper owners think of mustangs