Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Viper owners think of mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Default What Viper owners think of mustangs

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gt...ly-driver.html

Of course there will always be a few snobs out there, like GT owners that look down on V6 mustangs, but generally mustangs are well-regarded by Viper owners, and quite a few have both in their garage. Check out the above link.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:27 PM
MustangRSG
1st Gear Member

It seems to me that most Viper owners have owned or own a Mustang as well. It's a logical stepping stone. I think Mustang, Corvette, Viper is a common evolution.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Rat fink
2nd Gear Member

A Viper would smoke any GT mustang, That being said I would not own a car that takes an extra $30,000 to beat a mustang gt that cost $30,000.
If I would put the cost of a viper into a GT. The Gt would win easy.
I think it's like saying a $170,000 Ferrari will beat a Mustang GT. Well Dauh. OK lets put 1/2 the cost of the Ferrari back into the Mustang and all the Ferrari would see is it's 6 tail lights.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Hamhole
1st Gear Member

Funny, as I was driving through town today I passed a dude in a Viper in the opposite lane and we kinda saluted each other—two flashy red cars. About an hour later, we happened to pass again in a different part of town and this time he beeped and waved at me.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rat fink
A Viper would smoke any GT mustang, That being said I would not own a car that takes an extra $30,000 to beat a mustang gt that cost $30,000.
I think it's like saying a $170,000 Ferrari will beat a Mustang GT. Well Dauh. OK lets put 1/2 the cost of the Ferrari back into the Mustang and all the Ferrari would see is it's 6 tail lights.
..... and I could buy a 1990 Honda CRX for under 1k, and put another 25k into it and smoke a GT, but guess what... it'd still be a CRX with a crappy interior, crappy radio, and horrible road noise. The Viper's driving dynamics is COMPLETELY different than your average Mustang's. This is comparing apples to oranges. No one was bashing anyone in this thread, I don't understand why you're lashing out at Viper owners?

I'm happy that Viper owners can appreciate Mustangs. If I had that kind of power in the Viper, I really don't know if I could drive anything slower because I'd feel like I'd be taking a step backwards haha.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:48 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rat fink
we all know the viper would but i don't think this thread is about that
Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The Viper is hands down my dream car (as far as cars I may actually own).

When I was 21, I almost bought a used 2000 GTS instead of my NSX. It was $12,000 more and I would have had to take a loan out so in the end, I bought the NSX cash instead. As much as I loved that car, when I got to drive my friends 02 GTS, I hated my NSX for about a week or two afterwards! lol
Old 05-08-2011, 03:37 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vipers are beasts for sure, but damn are the mods expensive. Headers for my Vipertruck are $2k. Its like the Vette tax, you have the Viper tax on anything with the viper name.
Over at vtcoa.com (vipertruck club of america) there are plenty of guys with vipers, challys, mustangs and vettes. Plenty of car lovers with multiples. Now the guys with the multiples that include exotics......thats a whole other league of money!! The threads with pics of their cars in their driveways..........its like MTV cribs.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:47 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Since day one when the Viper was debuted, it has always been a car that I dream of owning one day. I kept all my Motor Trend Mags. on it as well as various models of the car. A guy down the road from me owns a yellow one. He only takes it out on pretty days. To me, they are soooooo sexy!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:06 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Anyone who's a true car guy or gal really appreciates this thread and the original OP's intent. Vipers are fantastic cars, although if I could start getting into that kind of coin, maybe I'd start digging around for a gently used Ford GT. Now that's a seeexxxyyy car baby...that's my dream car!

Quick Reply: What Viper owners think of mustangs