Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Hood and almost sold mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:24 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lupo222
I hate to burst your bubble, but $800/month isn't anywhere near enough to live on your own and pay for a car/insurance/cell phone/food/gas/entertainment and everything else.

If you get a roommate, maybe. I make $3200/month in the military and my wife makes about $1000/month and money still gets tight for us with just one car payment. Food for thought. I know you're 21 and you want the world right now. You don't want to hear it...I was just there and I know what its like, but let me tell you, if I knew then what I know now, I'd be living a lot better off than I am right now!! I think about all the money I spent on useless stuff and all the money I could have saved or spent differently.

Food for thought brotha...

Thanks for the input, and i did mean with roomates, i just have to wait till my friends are ready. And im in a lucky enough spot where my parents are paying for most of my inurance and cell phone but i do give them 75 each month to help out but if it wasnt for my parents helping with insurance and having me on their cell phone plan your right i wouldnt be able to get my own place well place with friends
Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ok, well that helps, but just remember, you probably won't live with roommates forever, and eventually you'll be on your own own...and you'll still have that car payment.

Sorry to sound like your father lol. I wish I would have listened to mine though but he was old and stupid when I was 21 lol
Old 05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

yeah its actually good advice, 127 a month i can handle pretty easily but when it jumps up to 300+ itll be alot harder and my mustang still looks amazing still sounds awesome still drives awesome and i sitll get alot of compliments on it
Old 05-10-2011, 02:33 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lupo222
I hate to burst your bubble, but $800/month isn't anywhere near enough to live on your own and pay for a car/insurance/cell phone/food/gas/entertainment and everything else.

If you get a roommate, maybe. I make $3200/month in the military and my wife makes about $1000/month and money still gets tight for us with just one car payment. Food for thought. I know you're 21 and you want the world right now. You don't want to hear it...I was just there and I know what its like, but let me tell you, if I knew then what I know now, I'd be living a lot better off than I am right now!! I think about all the money I spent on useless stuff and all the money I could have saved or spent differently.

Food for thought brotha...
So true...money spent adds up like it's nothing. Especially if your thing is nice cars, then you're screwed
Old 05-10-2011, 03:48 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Go for the hood!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:44 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

yea...get the hood....after a month, you'll just be driving a different used car, but making much higher payments.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 PM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

I'll be honest...you are at a critical time right now where you either keep your financial nose clean or go down the rabbit hole of debt. If you bring in $800 a month, you really shouldn't even have a car payment at all.

Please do not make the mistake that a lot of people make and saddle yourself with a bunch of debt just because some finance manager at the dealership says you can do so.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Originally Posted by allinon72
I'll be honest...you are at a critical time right now where you either keep your financial nose clean or go down the rabbit hole of debt. If you bring in $800 a month, you really shouldn't even have a car payment at all.

Please do not make the mistake that a lot of people make and saddle yourself with a bunch of debt just because some finance manager at the dealership says you can do so.
Couldn't have said it better myself!! I got approved for a $2000 credit card at 20 y/o. Figured I could get a 4wheeler than, right? well, I got it and about 3 years later, I lost it. (not because i couldn't afford it, but because I got SCREWED with my business that i started). But if I hadn't come across a great business op, i would have lost it making what i was making at the time...
Old 05-11-2011, 09:28 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for your input about the hood and the financial stuff.

hood: the guy said he would take 300 for one i know its not a tru-fiber like he thinks but its still a nice looking fiberglass hood and im going to call my old wrestling coach tomorrow and see what he would charge to paint it ( he owns his own shop) it its a reasonable price im going to pull the trigger on that.

Im really glad to hear your input about car payments and such cause my uncle always talks to me like im stupid because his son bought a 40,000 dollar truck out of college and had to pay 700 a month for 5 years.
But it really is good to hear from you guys, i know i could affordupto 300 amonth as long as i stay at home, but thats a 72 motnh loan i dont want and with the payment i got now only being 127 a month even if i loose my job thers a good chance i cant get a dif job or side job and still keep the mustang hopefully, if i have 300 payments and loose my job or quit then bsically its bye bye new car
Old 05-12-2011, 08:20 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

If you get a 72 month loan, you will be upside down on whatever car you have in very short order.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Hood and almost sold mustang