Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 GT vs Camaro SS (buyer's remorse?) need help...

Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

I will be honest. This thread helped me appreciate my car a lot!

I just found out some more details from him. His is an automatic, vert, with 21" special edition wheels...sounds pretty heavy to me!

I am sure the top end will kill me but the 1/4 mile should be interresting!!

I'd love to show that camaro what a Mustang can do...I've always had a vendetta against Camaro's because my brother has a 69 Camaro SS 396 all modded up...so you can imagine that. BUT! He definately can't daily drive it or enjoy driving it...its only good for car shows and for the track.

What do you think my Mustang would do against a stock 69 Camaro SS 396?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:20 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

i Drove the Camaro,Challenger,Charger and the Mustang,There was no comparison once i drove the Stang,it just felt right when i slid into the seat.It was almost like all the good points from the other cars were already rolled up into the Mustang.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 PM
kevworthy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I agree.
The Mustang looks way better.
New Camaro looks like a boat and the vert looks worse.
And dont get me started on the Camaro's interior! YUCK.

You say you are not worried about speed but you are comparing speed so yes you are really.

Throw some mods on there and smoke him.
I have had 3 Mustang verts and I must say, the new Camaro vert's profile with the top up looks like ***.....
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Sheesh convertible, auto and 21's you should have no problems putting a hurting on that camaro
Old 05-11-2011, 08:10 PM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Well I definately feel better now. I really truly thought that the SS was so much more faster and powerful that my GT. But, talking to a few people today and reading thru this board makes me think I actually have a good chance at him. I am sure in a 1/4 mile I can take him but after that I will get smoked.

I absolutely love my 2010 GT Premium! But, I need to put a CAI/Tune/Exhaust on it and seal the deal against that Camaro.

How would a 2010 GT do against a 69 Camaro SS 396 stock? Any ideas?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:14 PM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Hey 05XRunner...do you have any better/lighter pictures of your car that you can post or have posted anywhere?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Don't be down because you bought a 2010.....they're good-looking cars and have respectable horsepower.

I, too, took a good look at the new Camaro's when they came out. I've had GM shoved down my throat for years.....or at least about how much better it is. I just can't take a liking to them. Ugh. Eww. Not my style. Too boxy, elementary looking. I think the Mustant is a much better looking car.

Doll your's up a bit with cai/tune, etc, and you will be happy.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:12 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blizzard2010
Hey 05XRunner...do you have any better/lighter pictures of your car that you can post or have posted anywhere?
sorry for thread jack

Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blizzard2010
Well I definately feel better now. I really truly thought that the SS was so much more faster and powerful that my GT. But, talking to a few people today and reading thru this board makes me think I actually have a good chance at him. I am sure in a 1/4 mile I can take him but after that I will get smoked.

I absolutely love my 2010 GT Premium! But, I need to put a CAI/Tune/Exhaust on it and seal the deal against that Camaro.

How would a 2010 GT do against a 69 Camaro SS 396 stock? Any ideas?
yep...camaros are heavy cars in the first place. Add the vert and the rims and it fattens it up even more.

Personally I have driven a camaro SS, challenger SRT8 and of course the mustang GT that I have. Even though the camaro and challenger have more power, the mustang feels so much more nimble and quicker (just because of the weight difference)
Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 PM
BLKSTAGE3
1st Gear Member

The only official rule I had while looking for my car was not to buy a 10' but, honestly any of these guys with 05-09 GT's have the same car it's just the fact that it was one year. Those camaros are boats if you don't win in a highway pull you definitely will get him off the line at a red light Automatics also blow power away. If there is a real competition buy a supercharger. I bought mine with one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 GT vs Camaro SS (buyer's remorse?) need help...