Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Groaning noise coming from the suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

They'll fix it eventually. How fast just depends on how many people with the problem take the car in and get it documented. Its just like with the craptastic rear motor mount on the Focus ST that they just finally released a TSB for, once enough people complained they came out with a solution.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:34 PM
5.0/420

Hope you're right. The noise is prominent on dips, as well.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:36 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 5.0/420
Hi, Deysha.

In the meantime, what is the standard procedure if Ford does not have a solution for our issue?
Originally Posted by MadMoose
Someone posted on TMS that their service advisor told them a new TSB is coming in approximately 3 weeks that includes a heat shield as a fix for the control arm squeaking. Hope it's true.
Hi 5.0/420,

Normally what happens is your dealer will advise you to come in when the “fix” is available. Sometimes you may have to keep checking in with them since the service department is a busy area. What MadMoose mentioned, is more than likely correct, as these are normal steps we take.

Deysha
Old 07-26-2013, 06:03 PM
5.0/420

A month now and no fix...Im sure other mustang owners are discovering the same issue.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Shadowtech

Yea same issue 2013 gt 8500 miles on it.
as the heat's gone away for now (no 100 degree days) it's a lot better. still there going over speed bumps but not so bad.

Will wait for an official fix. I can more than live with it till sept's oil change at the dealer.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 5.0/420
A month now and no fix...Im sure other mustang owners are discovering the same issue.
Please make another appointment with your dealer, 5.0/420. You should get a call from your CSM no later than tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Shadowtech
Yea same issue 2013 gt 8500 miles on it.
as the heat's gone away for now (no 100 degree days) it's a lot better. still there going over speed bumps but not so bad.

Will wait for an official fix. I can more than live with it till sept's oil change at the dealer.
Hello Shadowtech,

Please make an appointment with your Ford Dealer as soon as possible. Then PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 AM
mightymax

Hi Guys,
my O6 convertible started creaking last summer. I took it in and of course they could not hear it. Well this year it is getting worse. I took the car in Friday and they finally called me today/ The quote "control arm bushings are gone". The service writers first question was "Do you have an extended warranty?" No I do not. The car is highway driven about 3/4 of my daily drive. last year I had to have the ball joints replaced and got bent over for 1200.00! Today the guy tells me how much for the control arms for the rear where the noise is. I am really mad cause it is another 1000.00 plus job. I asked if next year I will be hit for another high dollar suspension repair. I aint off roading this car! I love my Mustang but today not so much. I told them to not do anything to it cause I can't afford it. I guess I drive it as is until it "breaks"

Unbelievable.....

Max Bryant
Old 07-30-2013, 05:52 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by mightymax
Hi Guys,
my O6 convertible started creaking last summer. I took it in and of course they could not hear it. Well this year it is getting worse. I took the car in Friday and they finally called me today/ The quote "control arm bushings are gone". The service writers first question was "Do you have an extended warranty?" No I do not. The car is highway driven about 3/4 of my daily drive. last year I had to have the ball joints replaced and got bent over for 1200.00! Today the guy tells me how much for the control arms for the rear where the noise is. I am really mad cause it is another 1000.00 plus job. I asked if next year I will be hit for another high dollar suspension repair. I aint off roading this car! I love my Mustang but today not so much. I told them to not do anything to it cause I can't afford it. I guess I drive it as is until it "breaks"

Unbelievable.....

Max Bryant
Are they telling you $1,000+ for rear lower control arms? Just get some aftermarket LCA's and UCA if you need that as well. And have a local shop put them in if you can't do it yourself in the driveway (they really are pretty easy to do). It will be well under $1000 and have better bushings.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:12 AM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

I've owned a lot of cars and I like to keep them in top shape. A round trip through my sales territory is about 3,000 miles, I enjoy my driving and never worry about my Mustang leaving me on the road.
I change my own oil, clean my car, rotate the tires and I do all of the regular maintenance. Replacing bushings or the control arm/sway bar is as easy as changing the oil, just takes a little longer.
My time is too valuable for me to screw around with a dealer that will not fix the problem.
I'm always happy when the warranty runs out and I don't feel that I'm saving money by having the dealer fix the car.
I replaced the sway bar with 47306 - H&R Sport Rear Sway Bar (05-14 GT, V6; 07-10 GT500)
$309.99 American Muscle
My next upgrade is to:
http://www.mrt-direct.com/44a003.html
These are $225.00. The bushings on mine groan going over small bumps. I can spay them with lube and the groaning will stop for about a week, so I know this will get ride of some of the noise.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:57 PM
mightymax

okay after talking to my service guy "we" got the price down to 740.00 from 940.00

How easy are these to do. Or if I got aftermarkets what can I expect the cost for a shop to charge. Between the Ball joints (long story) last year and now this. The car has imho become a suspension nightmare!

Cheers
Max

Quick Reply: Groaning noise coming from the suspension