Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows rolling down when key turned off

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
tekzilla41
1st Gear Member

Default Windows rolling down when key turned off

I have noticed something strang with my 2010 GT. If my passenger window is on it way up (in the process of closing) and I turn the ignition key off while its going up, it rolls back down to about 1/3 open. Make sense? My driver window does not do this.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:11 PM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

my 2008 did that sometimes. i enever figured out why, just thought it was some kind of glitch
Old 05-12-2011, 10:13 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

That may have something to do with it thinking it may have encountered an obstacle. Have you ever tried closing the window with your arm in it? It does that very thing (and doesn't hurt your arm at all btw
Old 05-12-2011, 10:19 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Try doing the resetting of the windows from the manual.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:12 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Mine does it also, so I would not worry about it.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Hoofprint
2nd Gear Member

Mine does it also, both drivers and passenger side.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:34 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

yea mine does that and it pisses me off everytime..I will have them going up then turn off car then they go back down..either have to have them all the way up before turn off car or put them up after turn off car
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by tekzilla41
I have noticed something strang with my 2010 GT. If my passenger window is on it way up (in the process of closing) and I turn the ignition key off while its going up, it rolls back down to about 1/3 open. Make sense? My driver window does not do this.
Hi tekzilla41,

Are you still having this concern? If so, I agree with AzPete in recalibrating your windows. The following steps are on page 78 of the owner's manual.

In order to improve door efforts and sealing, your vehicle is equipped with short drop glass. This feature lowers the glass when either door is opened. The glass returns to its closed position when the door is closed. Proper operation of the short drop glass requires that the windows be calibrated. Though your windows will have been calibrated before your vehicle is delivered to you, it is possible for the windows to lose calibration. If a window loses its calibration, your short drop feature will lower the window, but will not raise it again when the door is closed. To re-calibrate the window, pull the switch up to raise the window until it completes its travel and hold the switch up for two seconds. Another possible effect of lost calibration is that the feature may not lower the window. To re-calibrate the window in this case, lower the window until it completes its travel and hold the switch down for two seconds. Immediately after releasing the window switch, pull the switch up to raise the window until it completes its travel and hold the switch up for two seconds. Perform short drop re-calibration with doors closed only. Re-calibrating with doors open will cause the window to continuously bounce back.

Hope this helps!

~Natasha
Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Mine does it sometimes also. I avoid it by just waiting until the windows are fully up before turning off the ignition.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 PM
joekr
1st Gear Member

I normally just wait as well on mine...

Quick Reply: Windows rolling down when key turned off