Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for first time since SC installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
Cause i feel naked with no tint cause everybody can see my business.
Never understood that, unless you might actually be a target for assasination. You do realize the downside - other traffic will never know whether you have seen them or even looked their way. For an oncoming cyclist or motorcyclist when you're coming out of a side street this is critical.

Norm
Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by black2010
I've also heard it helps keep your leather longer
It wouldn't surprise me. Heat and UV can't be very good for it.

Ditto on the use of a sunshade in the windshield, and parking facing the sun to get the best benefit from it. Can't always find shade, and trees attract birds, and then . . . never mind, different problem.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 05-20-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:30 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Had the same stuff happen to me with the tints when I lived in tx. I looked up the law and it said that you just need to see red from 100 yards away or something. Of course when the cop pulled me over he laughed at me when I told him that and said no way. Pisses me off because I know that there are so many laws about that stuff that contradict each other that the cop can give you a ticket for anything. Did he give u a written warning? I really wouldn't drill holes in your bumper there are barely any cops that will pull you over for not having a front plate, let alone a "incorrectly" mounted one
Old 05-20-2011, 02:27 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

I've had no front plate on my car since I bought her new in 2007. Haven't been pulled over for it. *knocks on wood*
Old 05-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

He let me off with a warning.
Originally Posted by pdonket
Sounds like one a$$ of a police officer.
Originally Posted by Tanner05
That sounds like a lot of BS.
He must have just been having a bad day.
Originally Posted by Alec
Sounds like that copper had a stick up his azz.
Originally Posted by tdurham19
the cop is dumb.
Originally Posted by 808muscle
that cop is a tool.
Originally Posted by pascal
You dealt with a guy that was on his ego trip and being mad at the world because he has a small pecker.
Originally Posted by MeanStang08
cop musta been havin a bad day, or is just normally a *****..
Originally Posted by mustang country
That cop was probably on an ego trip or something.
Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
It seems like that copper was hatting on you cause of your ride. Its a sports car, what the F U C K does the cop expect ????
Wow. It's no wonder cops write so many tickets. When they let someone off with a warning, this is the thanks they get...
I'm not to frustrated with the officer as I know he was just doing his job the way he felt it needed to be done. If he wanted to be a jerk he could have given me 3 tickets.
Logic. If you had acted like most of the other posters in this thread, you'd probably be fighting this in court rather than learning on the internet. Kudos.

Last edited by Diabolical!; 05-20-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:27 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Wow. It's no wonder cops write so many tickets. When they let someone off with a warning, this is the thanks they get...

Logic. If you had acted like most of the other posters in this thread, you'd probably be fighting this in court rather than learning on the internet. Kudos.
You act like just because we'd be pissed about it after the fact, that we'd for some reason to an ******* to the officer himself. I think the frustration here is more at the laws than the enforcement. I know personally I'm always professional with police because I do respect what they do. To this day I've never been pulled over.

At the time I would never disrespect the officer, because you're both going to end up with a ticket and they're just doing their job. Never-the-less, the way this particular officer decided to pull together a list of things he was doing wrong, he just sounded like he was upset in general that day or something.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
CA is cracking down on it because we're BROKE!!! they need a way to get more money from us.
Ya think? It is my understanding that the price of a "fix it" ticket is increasing from $57 to $114 starting July 1. Man, a burned out bulb could really cost a person!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Jeckler

I promise the tint is factory. I was actually upset that the dealership put it on there
The latter is not the former. If the dealership installed it, it's not factory.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Never-the-less, the way this particular officer decided to pull together a list of things he was doing wrong, he just sounded like he was upset in general that day or something.
I think at this point we're all just guessing. Could be that just one of the things happened to be that particular officer's pet peeve. Like he may have thought that since the plate wasn't sitting up straight that it might have been coathanger-wired in place.

Norm