Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel like I'm an idiot for asking but...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:10 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Mellow, HT and Nuke, you guys are too much...I agree yellow is the fastest and best color available! HT...false...Nuke, I'm with you, I've seen soooo many people giving their tires hell trying to get them off and now I know why. I'm just happy I got them off so I could get those calipers painted. Cheapest mod I've done yet and it only took 4 hours (with drying time)
Old 05-21-2011, 03:38 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Woah woah woah. Lets come to our senses and realize that grabber blue is the fastest. I know from experience

Also loved your idea on all the painting JD, inspired me to do some of my own! I'm debating doing something with my calipers but we'll see. I paint matched some under hood goodies after reading your thread came out great
Old 05-21-2011, 06:19 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Woah woah woah. Lets come to our senses and realize that grabber blue is the fastest. I know from experience

Also loved your idea on all the painting JD, inspired me to do some of my own! I'm debating doing something with my calipers but we'll see. I paint matched some under hood goodies after reading your thread came out great
What?! We all know Silver is fastest as in "Silver Bullet."

BTW Baker... that's the first I've ever heard of that LOL! Can't get the front tires off... now that's funny... I don't care who you are!

Last edited by D'prived; 05-21-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
You know that yellow has the fastest characteristics so you stop and go with alot more force, thus causing the excess friction and wheel stick. Small price to pay for the fastest color.
Oh yeah?? The fastest?!?!
You guys are a PITA because I'm tired of being blinded by your screaming yellow cars everytime I look in my rear view mirrors!!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:01 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah guys? You know... They call it "Performance White" for a reason!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 PM
MustangMan1718
1st Gear Member

As usual, Nuke comes in to save the day before I have a chance to come in.

But yeah, it's not unusual for wheels to corrode on. Just last week we tried to do a tire rotation on a van at work and couldn't get the rears to budge. My technique of shooting my hands out at it like a kinsman in football was sadly no match for it. Neither was my sit and kick with my heel while spinning the tire style. We would have had it, but the area manager took away our sledge hammer and a bunch of other situationally useful tools for safety reasons. I still don't agree with the removal of our breaker bars. :/
Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Oh yeah guys? You know... They call it "Performance White" for a reason!
Actually it's "High Performance White." I think that's why the color code is HP.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

I suppose we are just leaving redfire out of this discussion since its obviously the best color choice?
Old 05-21-2011, 10:32 PM
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Look lets be honest, there's a reason they only made Mineral Grey for one year. It so far out performed every other color, that Ford had to level the playing field and discontinued the color.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Gentlemen, the reason why my car's color was named "ALLOY" was because it goes by so fast that the color spectrum doesn't have time to catch up so they picked a name associated with the blur of colors (and "Doppler" simply wasn't cool). Besides, why would I want a car so slow that you see it as one, single color?

Quick Reply: I feel like I'm an idiot for asking but...