Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old member, new account, help with exhaust parts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Kalaim

Default Old member, new account, help with exhaust parts!

Alright so I had an old account on here but when I moved I also changed my email address and I didn't think about changing my email on here to the new one. Eventually I forgot my password and then I couldn't sign back in. Since then I've just been browsing and not posting anything. I've emailed the moderators under the "forgotten password?" link but no response yet and it has been a few days.

When I was rummaging around in the attic I found my stock GT exhaust parts. I thought since I knew for certain that I was going to keep my current set up I should just sell them, but then I realized I don't really know where to start, both in price and where to sell.

I have the manifolds, factory mid-pipe and the axle backs. When I was looking around at prices for these parts I found many differences in what people were asking for. I'm curious if this is because some are new, old, damaged, etc or if it was people not knowing what to list them as.

I was thinking I could try to list them on here under the "For sale" section, but I don't have the ability to post over there. Do you have to have an older account, or do you have to pay to post? Also I was thinking local newspapers, Craigslist and Ebay. I still have no idea what they'd be worth though. I had them on for under a year, probably 8 or 9 months; they've been in an attic since.

Any help with any of these matters would be most appreciated! This place has changed quite a bit since I was an active member!
Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

You have to have 50 posts to post in the for sale section here. I would try craigslist and eBay. I have seen the stock mid-pipe go for $75-150. I picked up an extra for free from a friend... so it just kind of varies. I tried selling my OEM GT mufflers (with the rolled tips) for like $50 but they didn't move so I just kept them. I would think V6 guys converting to duals would be your target audience.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Bigorangek9
1st Gear Member

I thought about trying to sell mine, but every time I looked on eBay, there were no bidders on the stock parts I found. I ended up just giving mine away to a friend with a V6.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Kalaim

Man I was really hoping to at least sell the mid pipe and axle backs. For what reason would anyone buy stock manifolds?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

List them on craigslist and here.

Where in tx are you located?
Old 05-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Kalaim

In Denton, near the Dallas Ft Worth area.