Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boss 302 owners . . . what did ya pay?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:33 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

A somewhat local dealer (about 25 mins away) said they hadn't received their allocation of 2 yet, but assured me that they were already being bid up to 40k over sticker. I tried out the Recaros though in a Supersnake and they were niiice.

The sales guy said this region received 6 Boss 302 allocations, 2 in Las Vegas, 2 in Oregon and 2 in Alaska. I smirked and thanked them for their time and left.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:57 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
A somewhat local dealer (about 25 mins away) said they hadn't received their allocation of 2 yet, but assured me that they were already being bid up to 40k over sticker. I tried out the Recaros though in a Supersnake and they were niiice.

The sales guy said this region received 6 Boss 302 allocations, 2 in Las Vegas, 2 in Oregon and 2 in Alaska. I smirked and thanked them for their time and left.
i just doubt that bid stuff at all, salesman BS. if you are interested, tell him to show you the auctions. i think he is full of shat. There is another forum with a lively 12 boss 302 section if you are really interested where everyone posts the deals they find for others to check out. PM me if you want the details and you can check it out.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Yeah I don't have any intention of buying a Laguna model. I just found a local dealer who has one on their lot, so I figured it would give me a chance to feel out the Recaro's. As Oregon dealers are, IF I ended up getting one I might have to order it and not get a chance to feel the seats beforehand.
Random off topic question, but how do you like that CTS V? I've never had the chance to ride in one or drive one but honestly they seem like a hell of a lot of fun for a sedan!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

The CTS-V is quite a nice ride. I really enjoy the creature comforts as it comes standard with everything; nav, heated seats, dual zone climate, leather/suede, HIDs, sat radio, bose speakers etc.

The 6 speed isn't the best shift-wise, but I hear that a lot about them.

The car has great power and sounds like a monster at WoT (aftermarket Corsa exhaust).

There are two issues. One, the rear ends, especially in 04-05 are notoriously weak. Not the gears, but the casing themselves. Can't do hard launches from a stop, like at all, without risking splitting the casing. They wheel hop like a ****, but there are things to help it out. But I just hate the idea of having to drop 2-4 grand into the rear to make it what it SHOULD have been from the factory.

The second problem is that the aftermarket forced induction selection is almost nil. As far as bolt-on, you have a Maggie 112 supercharger, which tops out at about 500rwhp. While thats a decent bit of power, these cars weigh like 3800-3900 lbs. I enjoy the stop and go, sliding around corners, breaking stuff loose, type of driving, and you just can't do that in this car without beefing the rear. The power is there, but not the support.

On the highway its a dream. 25-27mpg at 65, Bose surround sound (standard), quiet as can be until to nail it. I like this car enough that I am really considering getting the new version instead of a Boss, but again, something about that Boss just calls to me lol. But I do like the idea of that the new CTS-V's can hit 700hp with just a few thousand in additional mods. And I do like having 4 doors. But the boss, like the original CTS-V, has the added appeal of good MPG. I think the Boss is 26 highway, and the newer CTS-V's are 18-19. That said, they come with 550hp stock.

Long story short, love the CTS-V, just wish I could use more of the power as it was intended.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:53 PM
SpeedDemon1992

Haven't got one but a couple of phone calls to my local dealer says $10k over. The sales manager says that if I was willing to wait a couple of months they will consider selling it at sticker (seriously). I haven't got the scratch to swing a Boss 302 yet anyway but it was still an interesting finding.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
minivanracer
1st Gear Member

i need a boss..
Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
minivanracer
1st Gear Member

BAD!!!!