Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 crazy transmission noises

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00

And lastly, the problem is not all that common. It's just that at this point there is no real solution and it's claimed to be a safety issue (as well as reliability/quality concern).
Those that have the issue it's a PITA, those that don't are fine. I don't have actual numbers but the problem affects 20% or less of the manual owners to one degree or another by my GUESS.
20% on all manual transmission cars is a horrible failure rate. So let's not downplay the issue by saying the problem is not common.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

what was that

Last edited by outceltj; 05-27-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:50 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
If it were only 1-5% being bad then yes thats not common and surely most manufacterurers could live with that. But 20% or even 15% is horrible in my opinion. I was very surprised after reading a majority of that thread on modded mustangs. there were so many people.
I don't know really what you guys think you know about the automotive industry, but a 5% failure rate is catastrophic when you are talking about 30k+ vehicles. Also, anyone who is trying to come up with a statistic based on forums, should just stop. Most people only come online when they have a problem, the happy campers never show up.

If it were 20% they would put a yard hold on all manual vehicles until the fix was found.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:31 AM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Interesting how well Ford has hidden the fact that the 11 and 12 transmission is made in China. Who in world would buy a Mustang if they knew it had a POS Chinese transmission? Have you EVER seen anything made in China that works longer than a minute?

Need to read fine print on the window sticker!

Last edited by 8178A; 05-30-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Chinese tranny... should have came with fried rice and an egg roll.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:29 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Chinese tranny... should have came with fried rice and an egg roll.
Lol that was my lunch yesterday, my dinner yesterday, and my breakfast today. I mean, without the chinese transsexual.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:13 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 8178A
Interesting how well Ford has hidden the fact that the 11 and 12 transmission is made in China. Who in world would buy a Mustang if they knew it had a POS Chinese transmission? Have you EVER seen anything made in China that works longer than a minute?

Need to read fine print on the window sticker!
It was never hidden, and you should educate yourself on manufacturing processes before stating anything about quality and making generalizations of an entire country. There was a long time of "made in america" meant it was likely going to break immediately.

What would the world be like without ignorant people though?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Old 05-30-2011, 12:05 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
It was never hidden, and you should educate yourself on manufacturing processes before stating anything about quality and making generalizations of an entire country. There was a long time of "made in america" meant it was likely going to break immediately.

What would the world be like without ignorant people though?
Well, the manufacturing process used by the poor enslaved Chinese workers to make transmission isn’t the working very well is it. If you want to support the enslavement of the Chinese people you go ahead. Like many Americans interested in human rights it's something I will not support.

Your location shows Michigan, but from your comments you sound like you might be one of those people that the Chinese government pays to infiltrate US forums and make personal attacks on people that make negative comments about the Chinese government or products.

Last edited by 8178A; 05-30-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:58 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 8178A
Well, the manufacturing process used by the poor enslaved Chinese workers to make transmission isn’t the working very well is it. If you want to support the enslavement of the Chinese people you go ahead. Like many Americans interested in human rights it's something I will not support.

Your location shows Michigan, but from your comments you sound like you might be one of those people that the Chinese government pays to infiltrate US forums and make personal attacks on people that make negative comments about the Chinese government or products.

You are also introducing a new argument, are we saying the chinese can't build anything, or we shouldn't build things there because they "enslave" their population by giving them jobs. It also allows ford and getrag to enter the chinese market without ridiculously high tariffs, which since the amount of drivers in china has gone up 10 fold in 5 years means its a lot of potential money. It is in both getrag and ford's best interest to have the same quality control measures regardless of where the plant is located. Since there isn't any hard evidence to show how wide spread the issue or what the actual problem is, maybe you should just calm down.

I work for Chrysler, I've been to plants in this country and others, nobody is enslaved, frankly they all love their jobs and have a higher morale than their american counterparts. Though I have only been to Mexican, Canadian, and American plants.

You can talk about theories and rumors, but when you start making assumptions and generalizations it makes you sound pretty stupid.

Quick Reply: 2011 crazy transmission noises