Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 crazy transmission noises

Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 PM
DESERTEAGLE50
1st Gear Member

Default 2011 crazy transmission noises

the only way i can describe the noise is if you took your driver license and held it on a fan blade while the blades were turning, it starts at 40mph & definitely coming from the transmission!!! guess i'll be going to the dealer and only 4500 miles on it,SUCKS !!!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:19 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

there is a thread on here where apparently 20/20 or one of those news reporting shows is doing a story about the tranny issues with the new stangs. apparently its common. Id still take it to the dealer to see what they come up with but u may want to get on board with the story. not sure if anything will come of it but you never know
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 PM
DESERTEAGLE50
1st Gear Member

this is just new problem,but not the only problem with the transmission!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

There have been threads where guys have taking there car to the dealership and they dont even know whats going. Not saying that your situation is gonna be the same but maybe prepare yourself..

here is the link for the thread

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...rming-abc.html
Old 05-27-2011, 09:43 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
There have been threads where guys have taking there car to the dealership and they dont even know whats going. Not saying that your situation is gonna be the same but maybe prepare yourself..

here is the link for the thread

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...rming-abc.html
I took my car in for an oil change and asked the service manager if he knew anything about transmission issues in the 2011+. He had no idea what I was taking about (at least he acted like he didn't know). He said one guy needed the clutch replaced at 10,000 miles.. but he said "cause the guy was hot rodding it".
Old 05-27-2011, 01:36 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
I took my car in for an oil change and asked the service manager if he knew anything about transmission issues in the 2011+. He had no idea what I was taking about (at least he acted like he didn't know). He said one guy needed the clutch replaced at 10,000 miles.. but he said "cause the guy was hot rodding it".
WEll I asked about the water leak issue and the TSB that concerns the issues with 05's through 07's and the manager at my dealership never heard about it. It seems to me that the service managers at every dealership should be aware of all TSB's and they probably are but play it off.

Certainly he may not know about the transmission issues but if you browse other forums like modded mustangs. There is a thread over 100 pages about the transmission problems. I wouldnt take his word to the bank as im sure thats a stressful job anyway. I find it odd he has never heard about it. And having the clutch replaced after 10,000 has been common for some of the guys owning the new stang.

How many miles do you have on the car currently
Old 05-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Outceltj, you should get your facts straight before you start proliferating rumors and misinformation.

What the OP states is not the same issue other 2011+ drivers with manual trannies have been complaining about.

2011+ deals with the gears in the tranny grinding (and potentially locking you out) when trying to SHIFT from 1-2 or 3-4.

Ford hasn't realeased a formal repsonse the existing issue with the 2011 tranny so of course there is no TSB.

As for the news story, that's not even a go yet. It's in the "lets get ahold of people to see how big of a deal this really is".

And lastly, the problem is not all that common. It's just that at this point there is no real solution and it's claimed to be a safety issue (as well as reliability/quality concern).
Those that have the issue it's a PITA, those that don't are fine. I don't have actual numbers but the problem affects 20% or less of the manual owners to one degree or another by my GUESS.

Last edited by Derf00; 05-27-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:10 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Let me ask you have you ever heard a company give an 'official' response to an issue other than a recall? They don't hold a press conference and say "hey guys it looks like 5% of of our door modules are faulty, our bad"

It either gets recalled or theres a TSB, it depends on if its a safety issue and how wide spread it is. The industry has worked this way for a long time.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Ok, point taken. Then I should've said.

Ford hasn't figured the root of the problem yet so until that happens neither a TSB or Recall will be issued. So of course the dealer may not know.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:56 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I was just trying to help the guy out plus he states there are other problems so maybe derf00 should read all the posts on this thread before blowing at the mouth. I know THE STORY isnt a go yet but letting him aware even though he stated different problems with his tranny. Guys like you Derf dont help. Just post a simple resolve and let it be.

Obviously a simple trip to the dealer may or may not solve his issue. Hopefully he does and its a simple fix. But when he states he has othe problems among the one he stated then he should surely be aware of whats going on. Im not here spreading rumors or misinforming. Just wanting to let the op know whats going on if he hasnt heard already.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 crazy transmission noises