Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balancing out Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:55 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default Balancing out Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia

Okay, so I've been waiting to do this for 2 years, and 2 S197s, but the time is almost here.

I'm planning on doing a C-Series Front Fascia on my 2007 GT/CS. Depending on how much the repairs cost from the dent I received last night at the movie theater, I should be able to make the purchase at the end of next week.

I'm kind of modeling this car after SaddleUps, as was the original plan...I don't want to copy her obviously, but as far as body pieces it's going to be a similar look, so that I can keep my Pypes Mid-Muffler system running out the back, while still keeping the C-Series Front balanced out along the sides and rear of the car, height wise.

So here is the current list of parts. It is unfinished, because I'm unsure what I need to do to the rear of the car to balance it out.

https://cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208#3347

Part #8013 C-Series Front Bumper Kit

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...iece-p-96.html

Street Scene Side Skirts

This is what SaddleUp did to even out the sides with the front. I'm not 100% sold on these side skirts. Are there any other options as far as side skirts go that I should check out? Most of them are just too flashy and ricey looking.

That's it right now. I'm scared the rear won't balance out though. SaddleUp used the Street Scene rear valence piece as well, and it evens it out, but she was working from a stock GT, and I'm starting with a GT/CS.

I found this picture from a guy that just had the Street Scene Side Skirts installed with a GT/CS rear.

Any opinions on that? Obviously the front is unbalanced, but it won't be the case on mine since the C-Series Front will even it out. Does the rear look out of place in that photo?

Any other ideas? I'm sticking with the stock hood for now and hopefully going with one of the TruFibers a bit down the road, a month or so hopefully.

What does everyone think of the plans so far? Any alternate ideas?
Old 05-28-2011, 09:01 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Oh, one more thing. I have actually considered going with the GTS-R fenders, considering I'm going to be spending a good bit to get my current ones fixed, but I'm worried that doing that might be an overload of eye-grabbing parts on the front end of the car.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....MUSTANGFENDERS

My other issue is replacing one of the few parts on our cars that is actually metal with a fiberglass part. I know that Caution had these exact fenders on his car, but he got them made from metal, I think they were a prototype of the ones they put on the market. I would definitely consider doing that, but I can't seem to get ahold of Caution by PM, nor do I have any idea if that is possible or what the cost would be to get that done.

Any opinions on that?
Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 PM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

I personally think that you need the whole kit not just pieces. You want it to be complete or in your words even. So, I would definitely get the whole kit and i like the idea about the fenders as well.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

That is SaddleUps car, the one I'm modeling this after to an extent.

That shows the C-Series Front Fascia with the Street Scene Side Skirts. The only concern is balancing out the rear of the car with the front and sides. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the only way to use the Street Scene Rear Valence would be for me to sell my GT/CS Rear, buy a GT Takeoff Rear, and add the Street Scene piece on to that, because I'm pretty sure it's made to fit just the GT rear.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I could be completely wrong but I think it would look fine.
Maybe go down to the chop shop and have them try it out down there first.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:38 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
I could be completely wrong but I think it would look fine.
Maybe go down to the chop shop and have them try it out down there first.
What combo do you think would be fine?
Old 05-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

The CS rear with the new front and street scene side skirts.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Alright. I think it would look great together, I'm just worried about the ride height of the rear end compared to the rest of the car.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I think you could pull it off.
Plus it would be different from what other people have.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:31 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I know it can be pulled off, I just gotta play with it a bit and see what looks the best. Are there any other side skirts that I should look into?

Quick Reply: Balancing out Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia