Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Torque for Street

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'm done.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:06 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

So now since you cannot argue with logic, you are now down to calling me "names". How 7th grade. Done here as well.

Last edited by mapitts; 06-16-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:54 AM
ModMe
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Ford has no system of voiding a warranty among numerous dealers. Yes, your tool of a Ford dealership sounds like they're one that won't service a modded car, but that just means that you can find better help elsewhere...if you take a modded car out of one dealership to another, they will still look at your car without seeing on some network that you have a "voided warranty"
Just to add some experience from dealers other than Ford. I had my SRT-4 serviced for extended warranty and they wouldn't honor replacing the turbo because it had a blow off valve attached, no other mods. Didn't think this was an issue, but when I got huffy with the manager he too said he could void the extended warranty and other dealers would see it. I did get them to replace the rack and pinion though with no qualms.

On another note, a co-worker had a bone stock Saturn Sky she was having problems with the transmission. Took it to the dealer 4-5 times fixing various things. She wanted the tranny replaced and they refused on a bone stock vehicle. She ended up getting a pro bono online law firm to take the case and she won. Got the tranny and $6K in punitive damages.

Needless to say, keep a good relationship with the service dept. you plan to take your car to for work. And don't mod it and beat on it if you can't afford to break it.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

OP you're not going to get an answer you agree/want so draw your own conclusions and call it done.

There is no way to get more power without tuning the car or modifying it. Modifications can lead to an issue with your pariticular dealer since they seem beyond strict.

My dealership doesn't car about mods and even has a performance team that installs Ford approved mods (that includes the Whipple S/C and FRPP Gears) They follow FORD warranty rules on any parts they install as well as the MM act for any aftermarket stuff that is installed 3rd party.

End of story.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:15 AM
thelastsumurai

I have found a dealer that doesn't care about mods... Up in Gainesville...I appreciate all you legit advice and had a few laughs on other thoughts.. This is the path I have chosen based on your recommendations..... Alum D/S, lightweight wheels....light weight pully set (when avail)... Low restriction Cat. and exhaust from Borla, CAI w/ tune from Bama or Steeda. Then it will be on to the suspension... Sorry for the A/H comment...