Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger swap.. possible?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:05 AM
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

Default supercharger swap.. possible?!

my neighbor has a mustang cobra with a vortec supercharger on it. its the 99-04 style.. my car is an 05 gt.. so since it doesnt mount on ttop of the manifold is it possible to swap it out into my car? if soo what off of his do i need to take and what else would i need to get for my car or what would i have to modify? its a great deal for the sc and i will buy it if this is possible without crazy modifications to make it work
Old 06-11-2011, 08:21 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Yes its possible since it will still be a straight discharge instead of curved discharge supercharger... But.... You will need the supercharger brackets, piping, and if its intercooled you will need an intercooler that fits your car. The only thing you could really benefit from is the supercharger head unit itself, alot of things will have to be changed to fit your car.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:32 AM
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

awesome! yea i figured tha alot of stuff wouldnt fit but ive been looking on superchargers online and piecing together everything to do it.. like the bracket assembly, discharge assembly, air intake assembly, oil feed, and oil drain... its like 900 bucks for all that and that should be everything.. now would any of that off his car work for mine? like the brackets? discharge, feed lines drain etc etc..?? and the piping for the head unit would it work for my car also? sorry for all the questions ive been searching for them all and i just want to get as much as i can from it so i dont have to spend as much
Old 06-11-2011, 08:56 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty4.6
awesome! yea i figured tha alot of stuff wouldnt fit but ive been looking on superchargers online and piecing together everything to do it.. like the bracket assembly, discharge assembly, air intake assembly, oil feed, and oil drain... its like 900 bucks for all that and that should be everything.. now would any of that off his car work for mine? like the brackets? discharge, feed lines drain etc etc..?? and the piping for the head unit would it work for my car also? sorry for all the questions ive been searching for them all and i just want to get as much as i can from it so i dont have to spend as much
Well in my first post I said the bracket most likely will not work, intake will not work, and you will need piping to fit your motor that I know off the top of my head as well as the intercooler since they are different, there will probably be little things here and there that will work but I think for the most part that most of the bigger stuff will not. He will probably want $1000-$1700 or so for the head unit depending on the condition, what model Vortech is it?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 AM
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

yea i know im sorry i didnt read that well i realized what all you said after i posted it.. but yea i found a post on here that talked about everything you need and i looked it all up and wrote it down it just doesnt seem that much are SCs really that basic? and he wants 900 for and its in great shape it wasnt on the car but maybe a few months it wasnt their daily driver either.. then his dad got rear ended and the car was totaled so they took everything they could off.. but idk what kind it is ill have to check and idk if its intercooled or not.. but where can i find piping?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:39 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

If you're looking for a easier alternative and need to keep it on a budget, look at the Magnacharger. It's also an M112 unit and it'll save you the wild goose chase on parts.

It's a killer deal on a M112 if you're set on that kit.

http://www.hotpart.com/shop/index.ph...ct_detail&p=12

They're also coming out with a M1900 for our cars if you're looking to spend a little more and make good whp
Old 06-11-2011, 12:05 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Maybe check out this site for piecing parts together...

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...er=V4FU111-044
Old 06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol sorry, I misread the OP's post.. I thought it read his neighbor has a Cobra with the Roots blower and swapping out for a Vortech and he wanted to know if the Roots would fit his 05
Old 06-11-2011, 02:11 PM
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

yea superchargersonline is what i was looking at and i looked at an old post that was created that said everything you need.. but it was very short and simple pretty basic.. Bracket Assembly, Discharge Assembly, Air Intake Assembly, Oil feed, Oil drain.. i thought id need more like different injectors and all kinds of other stuff.. and how is the install? cause i planned to do it with my buddy we've just finished putting a cummins diesel in a yota tacoma lol bad little biatch.. but 1800-1900 bucks for a full SC setup sounds amazing to me.. so i need every bit of info i can get
Old 06-11-2011, 02:14 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The install is ridiculously easy to do

The parts for the Vortech should be very easy to piece together..

Quick Reply: supercharger swap.. possible?!