Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06's are coming in fast!

Old 09-03-2005, 03:47 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 06's are coming in fast!

ORIGINAL: 06Stang435

I ordered a 2005 V6 in July, but, of course, that was too late and the build was cancelled. Fortunately, my 2006 'Stang just arrived on Monday (the 435th 2006 Mustang to be built in the U.S.) !!! I love it so much.... Good luck to everyone who has ordered one; it is DEFINITELY worth the wait!!!

-C

2006 Vista Blue Mustang V6 Premium
Dark Charcoal Leather Interior
Exterior Sport Appearance Pkg w/ White Tape Stripe (should I remove it???)
Anti-Lock Brakes / Traction Control
Active Anti-Theft System
SHAKER 500 Audio!

not to nit-pick, but if its vin ends with 100,435, it was the 435th serialized- they arent built in order. Once it gets serialized it goes to scheduling, they figure out when to build certain combinations, but usually within a few weeks at the outside. Ive heard they produce almost 600 per day, and 06 production started 8/5/05. the first one actually BUILT coulda been the 2-3 thousandth ordered. vista blue units were delayed at least a week, as I understand the first vista blues rolled out around 8/15...
I ordered my vista blue GT on 7/26/05, got priority 10 on allocated order, still no VIN...know of another guy with almost same story but 5 months behind me. Sucks to live up north if you want a GT. I hope to get a Vin by spring...was originally hoping to have car mid september, but thats before I realized how ford takes care of customers- they simply dont- its all about the dealership- your order means absolutely nothing to them, no matter how important 25-35,000 dollar commitment is to you. if you live anywhere that uses roadsalt, people simply do not buy during the winter- even a $hitty dealer in fair weather area gets months more to sell, so they 'earn' the right to cut in line in front of the ones with shorter sales year. For lot filling, its kinda fair, but for customer 'sold orders' it is bull$hit. certain dealerships got GT's on ebay because the lots full of them, other entire regions cant even get ones that are already sold. Sounds like a government type logic. FUBAR

if you get a few minutes, could you please help us out up here?

https://mustangforums.com/m_678682/tm.htm
Old 09-03-2005, 09:00 PM
06Stang435

Where up North are you? I don't know if it's because I ordered a V6, but my 2006 was built 08/15/05, and I've been driving it since 08/31/05. Nice turn-around for the Philadelphia area.

-C

2006 Vista Blue Mustang V6 Premium
Dark Charcoal Leather Interior
Exterior Sport Appearance Pkg w/ White Tape Stripe (should I remove it???)
Anti-Lock Brakes / Traction Control
Active Anti-Theft System
SHAKER 500 Audio!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:33 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Im near Akron Ohio- regional rep told my dealer this 'region'(mentioned included pittsburgh?) gets 8 GTs a week for over 100 dealerships to share. Sucks.
Allocation coverage seems very spotty-mostly texas/florida/Va seem to have Huge allocations.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:36 PM
z4racer

Well, I have ordered my 06 Rousch Aug 2. I was hoping that Ford would supply Rousch with these first. Still have no ideas where my order is. The Ford dealer told me yesterday they THINK my car is on its way to Rousch. They expect me to get the car 1st week of Movember. I have wanted a mustang for 18 years. Now these 2 months feels like another 18 years. I can't wait!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 03:43 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=20232
Old 09-04-2005, 07:45 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Welcome 06er's. I'm suprised to hear that there might be some shortage issues with the 06's too. Ford sure has a winner with this one.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:26 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

Welcome 06er's. I'm suprised to hear that there might be some shortage issues with the 06's too. Ford sure has a winner with this one.
I think the only shortage issue is with Fords ordering system- some areas have too many, still getting more, other areas get none...if you live in a populated area that has good employment and dont get buried in snow a couple months out of the year, you can order one today, get a vin today, get a car in a few weeks- but the farther you live from those areas, the less likely you will ever get a vin...Mines first 06 on order from my dealer, allocated (but low number) ordered at priority 10...I cant do any better than this up here... 5 weeks, no vin. Dealers in the south can get unsold units as stock in far less time. Sold orders down there get vin in a couple days. Until the car gets the vin, its not even being looked at for scheduling to build...after vin, could still be months out if certain commodities are short supply, but without a vin, it aint even in line to get looked at...
Same stuff surely went on last year too- most of the poor guys that waited for months or got cancelled, probably dont realize guys down south oredered and recieved cars that 'by rights' should have been theirs months before. Big allocation dealers can shove us to the back of the line all they want to- they dont even have to ask- Ford has it set up that way...its everything for the biggest few percent of the dealers, NOTHING for the customer- ONLY thing that matters to ford is raw allocation numbers. they need to figure out who their customers are. Without buyers, dealers(nor ford) would be around long.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:23 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I heard from a Ford Salesperson that Ford is trying to honor orders first over dealer allocations.
Sounds great to me!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:10 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

well they arent trying very hard- theres still guys up north with reordered 06's, no VIN/schedule- and Florida guys can get a VIN today(well tomorrow maybe) if they order now.

Yes they are fixing 05 backorders first as they should, but like I said for over 100 dealers in our region, they get 8 per week- all of which are rightly going to fill old backorders...problem is there were more backorders in the north due to allocation priority even over sold orders, yet its still going on, still affecting guys up north that have been waiting months. Ford just needs to figure out who the customer is...8 per week up north for 100 dealers to fill OLD backorders, yet I saw in another thread a dealer in texas has 30 on the lot as stock. Ford Motor Company really needs to try a bit harder.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

Well I had a order on a 2006 Stang Gt Black,Manual,500 shaker with X-Plan on 7/07/05 and had a priorty#10 and being the first to order it at this ford dealer in New Jersey and he said he had allocations.Well I was looking up till this past Sat on the Fords 800# and still I am C/U and the dealer just got a Stang Gt in and told me he moved me up so i sould have it soon,They sound like that they were not screwing with me......
I saw a Ford dealer near the philly area that had a 2006 stang on the Fords web site.I felt let me call him and see if he will sell me the car at X-Plan thats on his lot so I will not have too wait.
I called the salesmanager and asked him will he sell me the Stang Gt at INVOICE and he said no problem he would be happy to do it.
So I took my time and went pretty slow to get there,stoped and got something to eat Dammmm I drove slow lol about 40 mins from me.
I showed the dealer my Invoice with the X-Plan # on it and he said screw it he will give me the car at INVOICE(I think a $40 differance)
Took it for a quick ride and bought it,there were a few others that wanted to buy it sat and very happy the dealer didnot have a bidding war.
MSRP is $30125
Invoice $27,857

Well I got a satin Silver (But I had Black Ordered from the other Dealer}
also got Automatic (instead on the manual)
Shacker 1000(instead of the Shacker 500}
I got the Upgraded package with leather Red Seats and all that good stuff

Over all the colors were no big deal for me{Hate Lime green and Light Blue}
Just wondering why did he have this car on his lot and not sold,it sat there for 3 days i was told up until sat when I came by.
I am sure that there must have been people that have ordered Stangs at that dealer and who know if and when they will get theirs?
I asked the salesmanager after the sale why did he give me it at INVOICE and he said because it was a sale....
I called many Ford Dealers in Pa and New Jersey and NY area and nobody has and stang Gts in stock, well maybe a few.But NONE with sell under sticker.I am still shocked...JohnnyT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06's are coming in fast!