MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Another Question about S197 Front Seats...Removal? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/644712-another-question-about-s197-front-seats-removal.html)

99GTvert 06-13-2011 03:46 PM

Another Question about S197 Front Seats...Removal?

I might be able to acquire some front seats tonight, but they are still in the car.

Is removal as simple as removing the 4 bolts per seat and unplugging the wire/plug/thing for the power seats?

Also did some cars come with a power passenger seat?

pascal 06-13-2011 04:01 PM

No power passenger seat until this year I believe.
They come with the Comfort Power package deal...
It's 2 way (back and forth) only and 6 way (same as driver side) on the 2012 models.
I'm not 100% sure on all of this but hopefully, someone will come up with confirmation or correction.
Also, some will have a side airbag as well (post 07) it it's all the same to you.

Removal isn't more painful than your 99, so no head scratching there.

99GTvert 06-13-2011 04:17 PM

Yeah, I've read that some seats do have the side air bags but when installing them on an older mustang I can just not connect that wire and they will not deploy if **** happens....well there's nowhere to connect it to anyway lol.

Thanks pascal.

99GTvert 06-13-2011 06:47 PM

Got 'em. Not exactly like new but for the price I'm not complaining.

Turns out the front two bolts were 13mm and the rears were 15 or 16mm I think. Very simple, two electrical connectors below each seat took very little effort to remove.

The two covers on the rear of each seat come off easily as well...you can wiggle them loose or try and snap them but watch out for shards of plastic coming at your face.

Overall, it was so easy a caveman could do it. :icon_badrazz:

pascal 06-13-2011 06:54 PM

Cool.

But don't you hate it when they use 2 different bold sizes to hold the same part down ?? :rolleyes:
Ford still has not made up its mind as to whether use SAE or Metric on their products...

99GTvert 06-13-2011 07:01 PM

lol, I did the fronts and got to the rears and I was thinking to myself ".....wat"

The seats smell, though, after wiping them with armor all leather wipes. I have found some seat covers for them online. Are they something an amateur can install? Because for a few hundred bucks to have the fronts look brand spankin' new wouldn't be bad and still be cheaper overall than buying Corbeau's or used Terminator seats.

Here's an example of seat covers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...item3368815227

That one is 10 bucks but I've seen others for around 250ish...

pascal 06-13-2011 07:20 PM

It's a bit involved but if you're good with your hands, it won't be a problem.
It's just time consuming.
Do this on a picnic table covered by a blanket and have fun.

Shadow7874 06-13-2011 08:08 PM

I just finished installing my roush covers a month or so ago. It was time consuming but not too hard. I did it all with the help of my parents on occasion. The roush seats are super nice for the price but the fit wasnt exactly perfect. The rear seats were a breeze (like literally 10 minutes each at most!) and the front bottoms werent hard but the front backs were a PITA. The hog rings were a bit difficult but i choose to use regular pliers instead of ordering a pair of hog ring pliers. My roush seats were $500 shipped from Roush and i couldnt be happier with them. Black "leather" with black suede and red stitching! It looks great

Tanner05 06-13-2011 08:45 PM

^ Could you post some pics?
I was actually thinking of ordering the red and black Roush seats on eBay, but I was wondering how they look.

99GTvert 06-13-2011 08:49 PM

Does anyone have an idea of how much an upholstery shop would charge to do it?

Also does it (installing new covers) matter if the seats are heated seats?