Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out with the old, in the with the new!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:12 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blizzard2010
Car looks very nice...good work.

Do you have your stock fog lights wired into the bottom CS fog lights? How does that work for you?

Where did you get your parts from? How was the quality?
Right now the GT/CS fog lights are non-functional. I'm still trying to decide what to do, maybe you all can help? I'm either going to get a blank grille (no fog lights, with the GT/CS lights wired up) or possibly figure out how to wire them all up simultaneously, and get a 2010/black pony for the grille. Opinions?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:36 PM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
Right now the GT/CS fog lights are non-functional. I'm still trying to decide what to do, maybe you all can help? I'm either going to get a blank grille (no fog lights, with the GT/CS lights wired up) or possibly figure out how to wire them all up simultaneously, and get a 2010/black pony for the grille. Opinions?
I plan on making my car look really close to yours, only white. I am going to make it look almost like a white Boss but keep the Boss lettering and all that stuff off of it...

I am going to take mine to a shop and have the CS fogs wired seperately with their own switch. I'd like to keep my stock fogs as I get a LOT of compliments on them. Personnally, I could go without the stock fogs so that might change. BUT, I will not give up my black pony...that's the 2nd favorite thing of mine on the front (1st is my HID's).

I think the stock fogs look good on your car with the CS fogs...I'd get them hooked up with a seperate flip switch inside the car so you can use them when you want to.

By the way, where did you get your cs front and fogs? How much did you drop, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:51 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

I got the GT/CS front with fogs from CJ Pony Parts. I think when I bought them they were having a special, like $20.00 off or something, but I can't remember - was months ago.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-vala...0-2012/p/FS12/
Old 06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

How difficult was the install? Did you do it yourself?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:08 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

The install of the CS front valance isn't too bad, just a little tedious. It's easiest to do if you pull off the front bumper so you can more easily access the clips that hold the original fascia in place. Takes maybe an hour or two if you're really dedicated to it. In the end it was more intimidating than difficult.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:11 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Cervini's actually took care of it, as they started selling the GT/CS front and wanted the experience of installing the BOSS splitter in case a 'regular' customer wanted it done. My car is a bit of a shop guinea pig for them

I've had the whole front disassembled several times before, though, and it's really a piece of cake. Here's the guide I used my first time through:

http://www.mylrs.com/blogs/lrs/archi...installed.aspx

Super easy and QUICK! Your first time through, it might take you two hours; That's even counting the beer breaks in between!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

That looks really nice & mean Vista!

I would go with the Saleen all black grill & eliminate the original fog's. Like this:

I hope you don't mind dmhines (This is his car). If I had a 10+ this would be the front end of choice for me!!!

Last edited by Vader GT; 06-20-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Wow that cowl looks great on the new body stye!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:32 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

5.0 looks great!