Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Stains on Cloth Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:54 PM
womquat

Default Weird Stains on Cloth Seats

Hi - I know there are probably related posts but I'm too lazy to wade through the search results so here goes: I bought my 2009 45th with grey cloth seats as a used car from a local dealer. The seats had "whitish" water stains" on them. When I asked the dealer about it he said that the people that owned the car probably lived by the beach and jumped into the car with wet bathing suits. Kinda sorta seemed to make some sense at the time, and the car was a good deal otherwise, so I asked them to clean the seats before I picked it up. They did a so-so job and said it was the best they could do. Problem is, the stains are back and then some. Anyone know what would cause white stains such as this? I now see some brownish colors coming up, and the driver's rear seat has a dark stain - right about where a baby seat would mount - which makes me think leaky diaper! Yuck. That didn't come out at all.
My local body shop just got in a steam cleaner and said they'd try and clean the seats for free (guess I'll be their learning curve... ). Anyway, I don't have too much confidence that this will work, so any suggestions on how to get these nagging stains out would be much appreciated. I like the cloth interior with the wording all over the seats, just not with other people's stains on them ()
Thanks all - and I promise, one of these days I'll post with fewer than a plethora of words!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

It's fairy spunk!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Could just be sweat stains.

I have a hard time buying used cars with cloth seats because I think about who was sitting in the seat before me and what may have been absorbed by the seat....
Old 06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

i have an 06 with grey cloth seats. I love them but i hate them. If i would get any time of moisture, water,pop,juice anything on them it would leave a stain, if i had sweat shorts from swiming and got in, it would stain so i spent 200 on a pair of really good seat covers for the front and never regreted it.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Tangopapa

just let it stain and get yourself some new upholstery from those custom leather seats... there are really nice ones online that are basically like OEM. Not too bad on the bank either..... just a suggestion cuz I feel your pain
Old 06-22-2011, 02:28 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4[/youtube]
Old 06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I have some friends who swapped their v6 cloth with GT leathers. Let me ask if they have the covers still?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I have black and yellow KATZKIN Italian Leather front seat covers if you are interested as well.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I have to say I had just too many comments run through my mind when I saw the thread title...none of which would probably be considered an appropriate response...so I will just say...I hope you find a solution...
Old 06-22-2011, 05:54 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Lifter583
I have to say I had just too many comments run through my mind when I saw the thread title...none of which would probably be considered an appropriate response...so I will just say...I hope you find a solution...
Believe me, I'm tempted too! lol.
But that might leave a mark...

Quick Reply: Weird Stains on Cloth Seats