Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AmericanMuscle.com's new 2012 Boss 302 vs. a Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Default AmericanMuscle.com's new 2012 Boss 302 vs. a Camaro!

Hey guys,

We finally got ahold of our new 2012 Boss 302! This thing is amazing. The power, the suspension, the color, everything about it is perfect. We picked it up on the 9th and couldn't wait to get it back here to our headquarters so we could start putting this thing to the test! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9s6DzlFpoE

There's no doubt that this thing is insane, even in factory form. Most people think we're crazy to modify the car or drive it the way that we do! This car was built to be pushed to its' limits, not sit in a museum. We were headed to New Jersey Motorsports Park to do some work on our 2011 V6 Project car, so we decided it was a perfect place to let our Boss out into its natural habitat!

5 days later, we were at the track with less than 500 miles on the clock! We wanted to have a little bit of fun and break it in the AmericanMuscle way. But first... why waste a good set of stock tires when we have a new set of TSW's ready to bolt-on?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB6vw4OCAYw

We also decided to bring a Camaro to the track with us, just to make things interesting! We knew the Camaro wasn't going to be a challenge for the track-ready Boss 302, and we'll be back with a more worthy opponent when one is released. Either way, the video turned out really cool and both drivers had a blast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr3SwDviPQ0

Was that the outcome that you expected? Tell us what you think!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

What's up with the start of the Boss vs. Camaro race? Was the Boss driver trying to go easy on the new engine? There's no way the Camaro is faster out of the gate like that is it??? It's a pig with less hp, even! Or was it not stock?
Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99horsey
What's up with the start of the Boss vs. Camaro race? Was the Boss driver trying to go easy on the new engine? There's no way the Camaro is faster out of the gate like that is it??? It's a pig with less hp, even! Or was it not stock?
Yeah theres gotta be something wrong there cause I beat my friends camaro the other night by about 1 - 2 car lengths
Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw the video! The guy driving the BOSS was sandbaggin'!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:08 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99horsey
If you look close, the Boss fried the tires out of the hole really bad. Otherwise, this wouldn't have even been a race.

You can tell the Boss driver was really driving. He got squirrely in a few spots. The guy in the Camaro was giving it his all, too. Both drivers are AmericanMuscle employees that both race professionally as well. There was so much pride up for grabs with this race! Literally, they were talking trash back and forth for a while before this race.

I don't think Jim had a chance in that Camaro, though.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Really cool video...I actually watched the whole thing and got past the 'WHY DID CAMARO PULL AHEAD from the start' thing. C'mon guys, the BOSS made the pass a few turns in and never looked back. Jesus.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Newwt

Didn't you guys have a video with a black boss 302 testing the trackey? can't find it, also might be some other company.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
If you look close, the Boss fried the tires out of the hole really bad. Otherwise, this wouldn't have even been a race.

You can tell the Boss driver was really driving. He got squirrely in a few spots. The guy in the Camaro was giving it his all, too. Both drivers are AmericanMuscle employees that both race professionally as well. There was so much pride up for grabs with this race! Literally, they were talking trash back and forth for a while before this race.

I don't think Jim had a chance in that Camaro, though.

go back, give them a 20 min standard session and lets see if the boss eats that camaro and craps out a cobalt.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

niiice, great vid's!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:42 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
go back, give them a 20 min standard session and lets see if the boss eats that camaro and craps out a cobalt.
Lol lol lol good one.

Quick Reply: AmericanMuscle.com's new 2012 Boss 302 vs. a Camaro!