Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford issues warning...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

I remember the good old days when heavily modding a Mustang got you around 300 HP.
Now 400+ isn't enough and people cry for more; saying it's not enough for their every day street use.
The first Viper had what, "only" 400 HP? Ford's just making a move to cover their butts.
Old news, I believe it was Mitsubishi that did this with their Evos.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

To all that replied to my comment regarding the Camaro missed my point. We all pretty much have an idea about modding as it relates to warranty before this TSB came out. But don't you think the timing of this TSB is a little odd? Was there one released for the S197's? Or SN95's, etc? Why all of the sudden do it now. Did GM issue one for the Camaro? Do you see what I'm driving at? Why is Ford making it a point now to bring this up when they could've brought it up years ago?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010 desert mustang
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/0...-2011-mustang/

Wonder why Ford issued this, Mustangs are all about letting people customize it to their own likes. Is this ford telling us there might be something wrong with the 5.0 in the long run? i don't know i'm just curious, i believe the 5.0 is a great engine.
I didn't read the 3 pages of posts but that's not the TSB.... that article only has pieces of it. The TSB from Ford actually comes with pictures of piston ring lands that have failed... Basically what happens is because some people can be cheap they go to a "slappy pappy" dyno shop or get cheap email tunes to save a few $$ from people that have no clue about the 5.0L and Ti-VCT. If you stick with the reputable shops there will be no problem. If there was an issue with the 5.0L there would not be a 624HP blower option from FRPP case closed, period, D U N dun!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:16 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Very interesting.... Then again, the hell with a warranty! lol!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Coyote 5.0
1st Gear Member

Has anyone had a failure in #8 on a stock motor, really never modded or tuned????
Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

It kills me that people think they can do ANY performance mod and expect Ford to cover the damages when things go bad. Ford SPECIFICALLY spells this out in plain English that there will be consequences.... PERIOD! For me as a mechanic, I know that if I replaced for instance a tire on a car and said "this tire is only rated for 100 mph", the customer takes the car to 120 and the tire blows it's tough schitt! Don't dare come back and try to sue me for a faulty product or installation.

People, if ya wanna do what ya wanna do just do it. But don't go whining and bitchen when someone else won't pony up for your ignorance or come to your defense for breaking your warranty obligations.

Ya gotta pay to play. And if ya can't afford it you best find another hobby.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:49 AM
GTRaider
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
It kills me that people think they can do ANY performance mod and expect Ford to cover the damages when things go bad. Ford SPECIFICALLY spells this out in plain English that there will be consequences.... PERIOD! For me as a mechanic, I know that if I replaced for instance a tire on a car and said "this tire is only rated for 100 mph", the customer takes the car to 120 and the tire blows it's tough schitt! Don't dare come back and try to sue me for a faulty product or installation.

People, if ya wanna do what ya wanna do just do it. But don't go whining and bitchen when someone else won't pony up for your ignorance or come to your defense for breaking your warranty obligations.

Ya gotta pay to play. And if ya can't afford it you best find another hobby.
Very well said timmbo! Take responsibility for your own actions! If you do something to screw up your engine, don't expect the car company to bail you out. If you did it - you fix it!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:05 AM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRaider
Very well said timmbo! Take responsibility for your own actions! If you do something to screw up your engine, don't expect the car company to bail you out. If you did it - you fix it!
Ford didn't take the bailout, why should they bail you out.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Slickvic_
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TruMac
Ford didn't take the bailout, why should they bail you out.
What he said!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:56 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Coyote 5.0
Has anyone had a failure in #8 on a stock motor, really never modded or tuned????
Talked to brenspeed about it this morning and he's had someone he knew get the #8 cylinder failure on a bone stock car. So this isn't just a tuning related issue, apparently the defect potentially lies in the oil injector of cylinder 8.

Quick Reply: Ford issues warning...