Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Steeda pan hard brace, both of them !!!

Old 07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Element155
spoke to steed again today, this time got a guy named don who thoroughly impressed me, he admitted that bits of slag from the final weld beak off in the bar and pointed out that the factory pan hard bar has title lead ***** in it, he told me that he would send a retune lab but urged me to give it a shot, so Saturday were gonna give it shot and if i don't hear anything while driving and it works well, ill just keep it, if i'm unhappy ill send it back with the other. it was also brought to my attention the the freak guy is 80, so ill give him a pass to for life experience. All in all Don won over and is taking care of everything so I'm happier, although still wish it was not the case.
Seriously dude...
Old 07-07-2011, 06:15 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I'm not sure why the other guy didn't actually explain to you why it was the way it was lol. But it's good that Steeda has resolved this for you in the end. Apparently gotta get someone some grumpy pills though, since it shouldn't have to end up in an argument no matter what.

Edit: Just for clarity, not talking about you Element 155, talking about your unhappy CS rep the first time you called

Last edited by pdonket; 07-07-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

now lets get one thing strait, THIS THEAD WAS NOT CREATED TO HURT STEEDA'S REPUTATION. Last i checked this is a forum and Its were we all vent, semi educate and share. until today the 1st rep from steeda had a not so rosy disposition on the matter. Furthermore a parts manufacture that advertises that they are the best and charges for it out to be the best. Steeda claims perfection but this part is less than perfect (all the other parts i have from them a great). Unlike most i saved up the money for this project and am not a wealthy guy, I'm blue collar, work with my hands, and i weld often. Ive never trapped slag or any burrs or anything in sealed chiller barrels (requires a big weld/joint) or other items i've welded all too often. For all of those who want to throw dirt on the issue go ahead, but remember its my hard earned money and i expect the same level of perfection promised, if GUS want this to be right and show over the top customer service then well PM me GUS. I DON'T GIVE EXCUSES AND I DON'T EXCEPT THEM. How ever i do believe that part of being human is "human Error" and we all make mistakes, I Just want everything on my car to be a perfect as possible just like the rest of you who really are passionate. The reason Don won me over is cause he was honest admitted the mistake he's the only one. I'm over 58000 in to this project and yes I am a perfectionist. if your fine with manufacturing mistakes (small or big, and yes i recognize that is is a small one) thats ok, I'm not. As far as me contacting them instead of the vender thats easy, my initial question to them was can i drill a small hole to empty the slag from the brace with out voiding my warranty. And for those of you that have had good service good, i'm happy for you, but this thread was about the experience I had. And frankly the matter of a fact nature and its ok nonsense cupeled with excuses is what upset me most. But like i said its cool now cause its clear that Steeda wants to make this right.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I was gonna mention that but you beat me to it...
I cut my factory one for fun after I bought an adjustable one and I kept the buck shot for my shotgun.
Hey, how much extra on your panhard bar, would you charge if you included butt wipes in the package for "Special" customers?? Just curious, lol.

Good for you for chiming in that thread.
-I asked about the wipes, they said no charge for all my trouble
Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

-I asked about the wipes, they said no charge for all my trouble
P#sses me off!!
I never get anything for free!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
P#sses me off!!
I never get anything for free!
yea well turns out it like Oprah I'm gonna have to pay gift tax on the wipes!, and were talking lots of wipes here
Old 07-07-2011, 07:50 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

It seems like you never get the full story upon first post; that details sprout up down the road, some big, some small.

Element, I can respect that you demand quality with the parts that you purchase. This high volume demand keeps the businesses we flock to honest and accountable. Although, I've got to take offense to "Unlike most i saved up the money for this project and am not a wealthy guy". All of us are in different financial situations but I felt like this was implying that most Mustang owners here are handed everything to them upon leaving the womb.

Steeda did manufacture this part and it's their fault for the little bit of slag trapped in the part, but since you bought this part from a vendor (not directly from Steeda) it's not Steeda's responsibility to give you a refund. That's the vendor's responsibility.

At least it looks like Steeda is resolving this issue. I don't see how they owe you anything directly; they owe the vendor that you bought these parts from some replacements if anything. I'm assuming that this is exactly why you got a brick wall upon your initial phone calls.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

now lets get one thing strait, THIS THEAD WAS NOT CREATED TO HURT STEEDA'S REPUTATION. ......

True but re-read how you worded your post, the board had to "*" a curse word and your tone was off. Sometimes its not what you say but how you say it and most people in today's "texting" world forget that the reader can't tell your emotion in written words so its up to interpretation. Anyway sounds like everything worked out in the end which is always cool.