Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Steeda pan hard brace, both of them !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

Thumbs down BAD Steeda pan hard brace, both of them !!!

ordered the heavy duty pan hard brace 1st arrives sounds like it got bits of metal inside so I call Steeda they make me buy a new brace to return the old one (customers first oh yea thanks FRANK)................ you know the story. well second brace arrives and guess what it got crap sealed in it too! SO I call again and get this ****ty tone across the phone (from Frank a.k.a Mr. customer service) who wines to me that its something manufacturing will have to address and that I'm out of luck. Then when I tell him that this really puts a den in my confidence in there parts he exclaims in a winey nerd like fashion "oh come on man thats BS , I mean like you won't even notice it ever notice over the rumble of a v-8". So naturally at this point I'm really disappointed with Steeda and there is a lot of their products thought my car, tri-ax, adjustable panhard bar, ultra light sponges, heavy duty strut mounts, battery relocation and some more. And they don't seem to want to make this situation right.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:06 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

So is there anything actually wrong with the brace?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

yea, it sounds like a rain stick
Old 07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Element155
Yea, that's not normal...

Did you try to elevate this problem? Take it to his manager? Try to get connected with one of the guys on the production floor? My experience with dealing with ****ty people is take that right up to the next level. Still a crappy guy to deal with? Try elevating again. Repeat. If you keep bugging 'em, they'll cave eventually. A lot of time you may have to invest, but you'll see results.

In the long run, complaints will wear them down as they will HATE to see the same problem time and time again. Hopefully you can get a hold of someone helpful though and you won't have to go through the aforementioned process...
Old 07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Certainly doesn't sound very good. I'd probably question a part that sounds like a rain stick too lol. It sucks that they also aren't really doing anything to help you out, even allow you to send it all back if you're unhappy with it.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

they said i can send back the most recent of the two bars a bought right away for a credit and they would email me a shipping label, still waiting. i'm going though the vender for the first one and they are much better.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

but really i would have just rather had a decent non defective bar.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 PM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, but I don't call that defective. It's a mass produced part that is really simple. It simply has cuttings that were not cleared from the tube before assembly and welding. I wouldn't say this is quality work, it's not hard to clean the tubes before assembly, but it does add a step to a low margin process which cuts into profitability. I would run it if it came that way. You probably have no idea how much similar crap wound up in various parts of your car during it's manufacture.
I do agree that you're getting crap service, but I can't say I disagree with their position on this part not being defective. Poor workmanship, I'll give you that.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:46 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Sounds functionally fine to me. Can you hear it when you drive? If you can, then I'd give Steeda crap for it.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Element155
How bad is it really?

Quick Reply: BAD Steeda pan hard brace, both of them !!!