Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want my car!! Can i,,,,,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:30 AM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

Default I want my car!! Can i,,,,,,,,,

do a dealer search, and get my dealer to get a car from out of state? I would be willing to go get the car , and would definately enjoy the ride home!!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:55 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I want my car!! Can i,,,,,,,,,

www.fordvehicles.com "Search Dealer Inventory"
Old 09-03-2005, 05:13 PM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

Been there allready, lots of GT premiums in the south, not many base cars. I just doen't know if a dealer is willing to give up a car on his lot for an allocation, rather than a trade?? I wanted a base model as it would save me a couple of $$ and wouldn't have the extra weight of any options. I ordered a GT deluxe, with only two options. The shaker 500, and locking lugs. All i really need is a base GT with the 500 system, and a manual trans. These cars come very well equipped!!
Old 09-03-2005, 05:19 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

If you already ordered your car to your specs, it would be tough to get a dealer to do that. Especially a base model one since the nice little options make the vehicle easier to sell to unsure buyers.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:06 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

We found a dealer that had a used GT for us to test drive, it was a bit loud and a stick. He said he had a black v6 automatic with black convertible top at another location that we could drive the next day. So he had that one brought in...we were sold on that type of Mustang but wanted the Sonic blue color. He said wait a minute, came back to us 5 minutes later and found one in Kansas through the dealership listings. They drove it here to Oklahoma the next day ,we had to pay $125 for them to drive it here and that dealership took the black/black car in its place and drove it back to Kansas. So in just 2 days after test driving the used GT we were driving our Sonic Blue Mustang HOME! The biggest problem we had once we had decided on either the Mustang or one other car we couldn't find one to test drive. I did a search on the net and found this one dealer had several listed and he told us he only had the used GT on his lot right now so went and test drove it...the rest is history!

Oh I should mention one other dealership was looking for a sonic blue for us too and he said he had gotten as far as Nebraska still looking for one when we finally got ahold of him and told him another dealership found us one and we bought it.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:11 AM
Kiss Fan
1st Gear Member

The website referenced above (www.fordvehicles.com) is an excellent resource, the only thing you have to be aware of is that out-of-state dealers know they are dealing with a captive audience. In other words, they know you are anxious for the car and will typically charge you over sticker. I tried searching out of state and found a dealership in Orlando, Florida that was charging $3,000 over sticker. At this stage, perhaps some of the demand has subsided, but I still find dealers near me in the NY-NJ region charging anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000 over sticker on V-6's!! Good luck, just remember to try to be a tough negotiator. It depends how badly you want the car.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gregsdart

do a dealer search, and get my dealer to get a car from out of state? I would be willing to go get the car , and would definately enjoy the ride home!!

Carlso a Daytona Beach Ford salesmen has been getting orders left and right or members at another forum, MSRP, you can pick up there, or have it drop shipped to local dealer. Very fast order, will have you serialized in about 2 weeks. He is amazing and has done nothnig but good for these members. heres a post that he frequents, drop him a PM. or post. tracking your car thread