Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 5.0 -- Starting on the stereo...PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:42 AM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rs90808
You know what? I feel like an idiot. I was listening to Sirius today, and it sounded great! Got me thinking...why does my iPod sound so bad? Turns out I had it on the 'Jazz' EQ setting...probably causing the weird bass out of the 5x7's. Problem solved...I take back what i was saying about the Polks...sorry guys!
lol, it's always good when the fix to a percieved problem is something simple and more important FREE!

Furthermore, mp3 files generally don't sound very good as it is.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Grabber5Oh

Originally Posted by TruMac
Run them on their own amp. Or a line out converter that allows you to adjust them separately. Audio control makes a lot of good products that you may want to look into.
Can you recommend something specific?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:03 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

I can try, what are your goals?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Grabber5Oh

I want to be able to control the level of the output of the door woofers seperate from the 5x7s.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Well, I just noticed you have a new sub you will be installing. Honestly I think once you put that in it will handle your bass needs. Are the subs in the doors the stock subs? Does the stock amp have any controls on it? I'm not familiar with the stock shaker or mach systems. I used to sell mobile audio products but its been a while so ill take a look at audio controls site and see what might work for you.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Audiocontrol's LCQ-1 is a 6 ch line out convertor with an equalizer. This should be able to accomplish your goals. This is essentially going to give your factory headunit the features of a higher end aftermarket head unit. It allows you to interface with the factory amps, if I remember correctly gives you 5v outs, internal channel summing, plenty of features. It isn't cheap and it may be more than you need, it is the product I will be using should I decide not to put in an aftermarket DVD/Navigation headunit.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Grabber5Oh

Originally Posted by TruMac
Audiocontrol's LCQ-1 is a 6 ch line out convertor with an equalizer. This should be able to accomplish your goals. This is essentially going to give your factory headunit the features of a higher end aftermarket head unit. It allows you to interface with the factory amps, if I remember correctly gives you 5v outs, internal channel summing, plenty of features. It isn't cheap and it may be more than you need, it is the product I will be using should I decide not to put in an aftermarket DVD/Navigation headunit.
Wow, that sounds amazing! Once I install my sub, I'll be able to relieve my door woofers a bit and hopefully it will be where I want it so I don't have to spend that kind of money for the adjustability (even though it would be nice). Thanks for the input! I've been checking out Audio Control's website...pretty legit stuff!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Congrats man!
Good choice in putting that little Z to sleep lol!

Though my first car was actually an 83 280zx back in the early 90's.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Audio control is definitely legitimately, but more than your average consumer needs. Most people don't need a trunk mounted digital equalizer. BTW I will most likely be stealing your idea for the new compressor mount and ill prob do something similar with my amps, in an attempt to hide everything and not lose trunk space.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:14 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Derrr...legit not legitimately. autocorrecting son of a...

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 -- Starting on the stereo...PICS!