Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT Premium Steering Wheel Controls & Aftermarket HU

Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 AM
itsy

Default GT Premium Steering Wheel Controls & Aftermarket HU

Has anyone been able to get the GT Premium steering wheel controls that in stock form control SYNC functions, to control directly functions on an aftermarket HU.

Specifically I would like use the Phone, Media and Voice buttons to control directly functions on the head unit.

I undertstand there are adapters that would keep the SYNC module and allow the use of these three buttons to control the SYNC features.

I do not want to use SYNC, just use the steering wheel buttons orginally dedicated for them. I know that the Vol and Select buttons would directly work with the Aftermarket HU, but not sure if there is anything out there that allows use of SYNC buttons to be used to control directly the HU.

Asking the question, since I plan on getting the base GT and upgrading the steering wheel to a GT Premium version and upgrading the stock radio to an aftermarket HU (pioneer, kenwood or Alpine) using one of the two dash kits.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
fbuzila

Originally Posted by itsy
Has anyone been able to get the GT Premium steering wheel controls that in stock form control SYNC functions, to control directly functions on an aftermarket HU.

Specifically I would like use the Phone, Media and Voice buttons to control directly functions on the head unit.

I undertstand there are adapters that would keep the SYNC module and allow the use of these three buttons to control the SYNC features.

I do not want to use SYNC, just use the steering wheel buttons orginally dedicated for them. I know that the Vol and Select buttons would directly work with the Aftermarket HU, but not sure if there is anything out there that allows use of SYNC buttons to be used to control directly the HU.

Asking the question, since I plan on getting the base GT and upgrading the steering wheel to a GT Premium version and upgrading the stock radio to an aftermarket HU (pioneer, kenwood or Alpine) using one of the two dash kits.

Thanks
Hi!

Did you find a way to make the SYNC buttons work? I have the Pioneer AVIC HU with PAC SWI-PS but I cannot setup the voice control or Call buttons