Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Mustang On Order: Ridiculous Wait Time

Old 07-15-2011, 03:44 AM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Mine was ordered: 8/20, built: 9/23 and Delivered: 10/11

And that was with priority number 19 (lowest for regular customer). It was for Job 2, which began August 16th. I believe they close down for a week or two.

Is it a big dealership? Sometimes, when the dealer gives you the runaround, some members have found that the dealership doesn't actually have any available allotments so they can't even submit an order, but they don't want to lose your sale so they just keep giving you the BS.

I suggest calling your dealership and demanding a straight answer, with the threat of buying one off the lot at another dealership (whether you are considering it or not).

Or you can contact Deysha, the Ford customer service rep on the forums. Not sure if she's on this forum, but she's on TMS and AFM. She has helped out a lot of people who are waiting for their cars.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Sounds to me like a lot of butt-hurt. If you ordered early june, that 6 week time is coming up very soon with the 8 week lead coming in at the end of this month. They may have lied to you about your priority number, but im thinking you're just too amped to get this mustang and running a little too hot. Make a couple more phone calls and get your VIN and an estimated delivery. After that, take a deep breath and chill. All good things are worth waiting for.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I made a thread in the 5.0 specific section about how long it took, it took over 4 months to get mine. Others waited 6 months. some got their's sooner. one guy got his like a few weeks after ordering (I believe he lived in michigan so i think he had some sort of connection to help put him in the front)

I thought top wallet would have gotten a 5.0...

Last edited by Mishri; 07-15-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun View Post
I really am trying to hold my patience - but it is wearing thin. The good weather ends in 2 months.

I ordered back in late May/early June - and I still don't have it. They told me 6 to 8 weeks.
You make it sound like it's been 8 months. 8 weeks is not a "ridiculous wait time"
Old 07-15-2011, 02:20 PM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

I'm guessing Young_Gun is just that, young.

Your dealer has control over nothing more than the pen they handed you to sign the order. There are other orders, maybe 550 other people signed the day before you. Who's fault is that? There are supplier issues, a truckload of PCMs turned over on a highway somewhere and the parts are now damaged goods in an insurance claim. Maybe that transmisssion TSB has been resolved and yours is one of the first ten to get the improved design, do you really wanna rush it? Or it could be that your car is done and loaded on a rail car, but the tracks have failed, halting rail traffic in and out of the transit center where it was loaded. Do you have any friends with Union Pacific?

Ah, i'm just yanking your chain. Truth is, it was probably delivered to your dealer last week and his teenage daughter saw the car and wanted it so bad he had no choice but to order another for you. Maybe you should see if she'll take you to the movies.

Damn! It's painful being a grown-up and watching all the young uns be Young_Guns...
Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottybaccus View Post
I'm guessing Young_Gun is just that, young.

Your dealer has control over nothing more than the pen they handed you to sign the order. There are other orders, maybe 550 other people signed the day before you. Who's fault is that? There are supplier issues, a truckload of PCMs turned over on a highway somewhere and the parts are now damaged goods in an insurance claim. Maybe that transmisssion TSB has been resolved and yours is one of the first ten to get the improved design, do you really wanna rush it? Or it could be that your car is done and loaded on a rail car, but the tracks have failed, halting rail traffic in and out of the transit center where it was loaded. Do you have any friends with Union Pacific?

Ah, i'm just yanking your chain. Truth is, it was probably delivered to your dealer last week and his teenage daughter saw the car and wanted it so bad he had no choice but to order another for you. Maybe you should see if she'll take you to the movies.

Damn! It's painful being a grown-up and watching all the young uns be Young_Guns...
Old 07-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Took almost 3 months to the day for mine to come in.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:46 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun View Post
...aaaaaaand then?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:37 PM
mallen5153

I have heard that the problem in getting a V6 mustang is that Ford is way behind on the V6 so they are using everthing they have in the f150 pickups ,.... Just something I heard
Old 07-15-2011, 09:45 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again... ordered mine January 2005, got it late September 2005. Patience grasshopper. It's worth the wait.

I do understand the frustration if the dealer isn't shooting straight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang On Order: Ridiculous Wait Time

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.