Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you had $1500....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:57 PM
mjk

Used CAI, used TB, used headers w/ OR X, new NSR stage2 comps and mail in tune.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:21 PM
shonole
2nd Gear Member

Cool

CAI/Tune (used if you can to save a few bucks) - 400
Axle Back (also used) - 400 (maybe cheaper)
X-Pipe (Catless) - 190 (pypes - American Muscle)
Lowering springs - 180 (AM)
GT500 Rear Spoiler - 100 painted (Spoiler Store)
Decklid Panel (CDC) - 130 (AM)

= $1400, leaving you $100 to play around with. You could do a little interior dress up, fill up a couple of times, go out for dinner and drinks, get it all in $1s and hit the strip club, or hell, just throw them on the bed and roll around in them!

Here are a couple of other recommendations too:
Chin Spoiler - 350 painted (can probably find a little cheaper if you hunt)
SHR louvers - 170 + paint

Last edited by shonole; 07-15-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:02 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I have a used cai for sale =] lol. JLT intake - $100 shipped takes it
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
StreetGhost
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I have a used cai for sale =] lol. JLT intake - $100 shipped takes it
anything wrong with it?? I am interrested
Old 07-16-2011, 10:25 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

You're not gonna like my answer, ha ha. I'd say save another $4,000 and get a Kenne Bell or a Whipple

There's been lots of good suggestions for you, the only thing I'll throw in that I didn't see (I didn't read every post though) is the Meziere electric water pump. I got mine for $360 from Brenspeed with the wiring kit.

http://www.brenspeed.com/wp346s.html

Before installing my Kenne Bell I put on my axle back exhaust and I didn't notice a difference in power at all. Then I installed the Meziere water pump, very noticeable difference past 4500 rpm. It never pulled to redline that hard before the pump.

My stock dyno is in my sig, only mods were the exhaust and water pump, stock intake, stock tune, nothing else except the exhaust and water pump. The water pump is free HP and was noticeable, I would do it again in a second.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blizzard2010
anything wrong with it?? I am interrested
I too have a CAI for sale in my sig. Depending on what route you go, it could save you about 100-150 bucks and free up some stripper money.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by twinturbopower
if i had 15 hundo , id put mad flames on mustang
We don't do that Sir.
Please refrain from posting pole smocking activities.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl
You're not gonna like my answer, ha ha. I'd say save another $4,000 and get a Kenne Bell or a Whipple

There's been lots of good suggestions for you, the only thing I'll throw in that I didn't see (I didn't read every post though) is the Meziere electric water pump. I got mine for $360 from Brenspeed with the wiring kit.

http://www.brenspeed.com/wp346s.html

Before installing my Kenne Bell I put on my axle back exhaust and I didn't notice a difference in power at all. Then I installed the Meziere water pump, very noticeable difference past 4500 rpm. It never pulled to redline that hard before the pump.

My stock dyno is in my sig, only mods were the exhaust and water pump, stock intake, stock tune, nothing else except the exhaust and water pump. The water pump is free HP and was noticeable, I would do it again in a second.

I have a saleen from brenspeed and saw that on there web (Meziere water pump). Im surprised u felt a difference. i had looked at that yesterday and though about getting that when I get a torque converter. How much cooler does it keep the engine when idling. And what does it all do exactly. thanks man for you input
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 AM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

If you have any aspirations of getting a supercharger, I would not do anything that you will end up losing down the line such as a CAI/Tune.

I know first hand as I am now starting to put money aside for a supercharger!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:22 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I have a saleen from brenspeed and saw that on there web (Meziere water pump). Im surprised u felt a difference. i had looked at that yesterday and though about getting that when I get a torque converter. How much cooler does it keep the engine when idling. And what does it all do exactly. thanks man for you input
I was surprised to honestly. I really just did it because Kenne Bell's dynos on their site mentioned they had the exhaust and water pump. I wanted to be able to yell at them if my dyno's didn't match up, ha ha

Basically it's an electric motor replacing a mechanical, belt driven impeller. Kinda like on older cars when you replace a engine driven fan with an electric fan. You're just freeing up HP the motor is already making.

The Meziere replaces the stock water pump and gives you the same diameter pulley so you run the same size belts. It's actually wider so you can run an 8-rib and it's ready for it. It runs at a constant 55gpm so at idle it does cool down pretty good.

With this pump and the 170 degree thermostat that came with the KB I've never seen over 205 degrees. I rarely see over 200 actually. When I did see 205 I was at the Dragon in NC and ripping through the mountains. Lots of 30mph to 70mph full throttle runs right after each other, ha ha. Since it was relatively slow on a hot day I think there just wasn't a lot of airflow for the heat exchanger and radiator. On the open highway at 140mph I haven't gone over 200 degrees.

Install is pretty easy. Drain the coolant, get the belt out of the way, 3 or 4 bolts takes out the old pump. Then just put in the Meziere pump, only thing to be careful of is the O-ring, you don't want to kink it or cut it, a little grease or oil helps. Then just wire up the relay, I found a relay source that has the pump on with the key in the "on" position. So if I only want the radio on the pump isn't running. I used the same source for the heat exchanger pump too. I think I did a write up on here about the install, I'll have to find it.

Quick Reply: If you had $1500....