Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011GT Wiring Harness Damaged

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Gidyupp
1st Gear Member

Default Raptor Shift Light

OT, but what started this was setting out to install a new Raptor shift light..

Very happy with the product except one thing:
[SOAPBOX]
They could have cut the customer a break and provided 2' more cable. Coming up short of the ECU by just a bit sucks.
I tried every different route and no mater what, the cable came up 12" short. Now I have another splice. The shift light comes with the proper cable, in the proper gauge, with the proper (rugged) jacket. Charge me $3 more and give me an extra few feet. Drives me crazy.
The worst part is, the average Joe is not going to have a foot or two of the proper cable around, and the hardware store won't be much help either.
[/SOAPBOX]
That being said, the shift light works nice and looks good. Nice and small but plenty bright.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:00 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gidyupp
The worst part is, the average Joe is not going to have a foot or two of the proper cable around, and the hardware store won't be much help either.
[/SOAPBOX]
That being said, the shift light works nice and looks good. Nice and small but plenty bright.
Did you check out TacoBill's write-up (ignoring his placement of the light)on it? Probably would have been easier than their instructions, as I think they have you run everything through the firewall, rather than just do the one pick-up wire to the nearest coil wire once in the engine compartment. This is another thing on my endless want list..

TacoBill needs to do more recent modding, he's the original mustang S197 modding pr0n king. He leaves as little to the imagination as possible, for doing things such as this, it makes things far easier/faster to replicate. Many times (this for example) to do differently far easier, since he actually goes through the trouble of explaning why he's doing something, not just how.

Last edited by wayne613; 07-21-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Gidyupp
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wayne613
Did you check out TacoBill's write-up (ignoring his placement of the light)on it? Probably would have been easier than their instructions, as I think they have you run everything through the firewall, rather than just do the one pick-up wire to the nearest coil wire once in the engine compartment. This is another thing on my endless want list..
I had thought about going to a coil, but decided to just go to the ECU per Raptors instructions. I already had the drivers side wheel well liner out to access the wiring harness to repair the damage, so it was easy to follow the main harness forward and across the radiator support to the ECU. Once the well liner and radiator shroud are back in place, you can't see the wire, which is what I was going for.

You are correct; Taco Bill's write-ups are top notch.