Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed tunes and erratic idle on low rpm

Old 07-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

I had the exact same problem when I ran their 91 octane tune back in December.

Car ran extremely rich, rough idle that would never settle down, and when in 1st gear the car bucked and was a PITA to drive. Then on cold mornings I would get a CEL (can't remember the code anymore) due to O2 sensor timing issues.

I called them and got a "revised" tune. Same issues. Couldn't get the issue resolved.

Solved my problem by calling up Blow By Racing (BBR) and paying $75 for a new tune. I told them exactly what I was experiencing. The 1st tune solved all those problems and I've not had a problem since. I recommend you give BBR a call.

Brenspeed has a great rep and they deserve it. But just like JDM, they have gotten a ton of business in a short time and haven't expanded enough to keep up. Other tuners out there are just as good.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:00 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I find it funny that we cant just call the shop to get an answer. We resort to emails. Honestly just call them and they will help you. Why are americans emailing there problems when they should be calling. I call them and find it much quicker to get a solution. Im sure they can help they have tuned a lot of cars and are capable
Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

My car does the same thing after my brenspeed tune
Old 07-29-2011, 01:10 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

stage 1 saleen package there wally. when I start my car saleen stage 2 up on my car I let it idle for a good 5 minutes the first start of the day and it runs great. Before when I started it and let idle for a few seconds then go it would tend to buck a bit but i dont have that problem anymore
Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM
mkaishar2
1st Gear Member

Brenspeed responed back to my email from yesterday:

What you are explaining is EXACTLY what happens when you have a dirty
throttle body and it needs cleaned. The car is a LOT more sensitive throttle
body wise with our tune loaded as the throttle body has to react a lot
quicker with out tune. Please watch this video and this should more than
likely get you taken care of. Also, if this doesn't work, please give us a
call at 574.594.9559 and ask to speak to our tech or tuning department.

I guess I will have to clean the TB and see the results, if it does not solve the issues, then I will look at BBR's tunes.

For me taking the car apart might be more hassle than actually spending the $75 for a new tune.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mkaishar2
I originally had a Bamatune and Doug was very helpful (I bought the Xcal2 and tune from Doug back in 2006) but then he had some issues and I had questions and he was not around, then I started reading here, Brenspeed tunes are the best, etc...and of course I decided to try it.

Unfortunately I had to wipe out the Bamatunes (not emailed originally) to install the Brenspeed tunes.
Just curious, but the Bama tunes (now atleast) come with Tunes for life... Could they possibly still have your original tune from 2006 in their system that could be emailed to you? I know Bama and AM merged since that time, but perhaps it could be worth a call to see...

Good luck.

Don
Old 07-29-2011, 10:32 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mkaishar2
Brenspeed responed back to my email from yesterday:

What you are explaining is EXACTLY what happens when you have a dirty
throttle body and it needs cleaned. The car is a LOT more sensitive throttle
body wise with our tune loaded as the throttle body has to react a lot
quicker with out tune. Please watch this video and this should more than
likely get you taken care of. Also, if this doesn't work, please give us a
call at 574.594.9559 and ask to speak to our tech or tuning department.

I guess I will have to clean the TB and see the results, if it does not solve the issues, then I will look at BBR's tunes.

For me taking the car apart might be more hassle than actually spending the $75 for a new tune.
Your kidding me right. Might be more of hassle to clean the TB than actually spending 75. Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Its as easy as pulling your dipstick to check your oil but maybe thats asking to much. If u cant do these little things maybe you should have given more thought about modding your car
Old 07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
mkaishar2
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Your kidding me right. Might be more of hassle to clean the TB than actually spending 75. Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Its as easy as pulling your dipstick to check your oil but maybe thats asking to much. If u cant do these little things maybe you should have given more thought about modding your car
Dumbass providing opinions on general ASSumptions when you have no idea who I am, what I do and what situation I am in. It's not a matter of my inability to take the TB apart to clean it, it is a matter of do I feel like getting my hands dirty and wasting time that could be put to better use.

If people want to spend their time working on their cars, then that is great for them. I myself don't, I will pay someone because that keeps the economy moving and I have better things to do, 20 years ago...maybe that would have peaked my interest, but not these days, I am too busy and time is money.

When you learn your grammar then come back here and criticize me for choosing what is best in my personal interest.

BTW, if your friends decide to jump off a bridge because it's fun and easy, are you going to do it too?

Anyhow if I have time this weekend I will try to clean the TB and we will know if that is the culprit. If that does not solve the problem, then I will look at another tune.

Last edited by mkaishar2; 07-29-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Focused back on the subject at hand
Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

U r nuts. You don't want to get ur hands dirty!!! Well maybe u should take your car to the dealer and ask them to clean your TB. I'm sure they would get a kick out of it. This is too funny!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:45 PM
mkaishar2
1st Gear Member

Haha...your response made my night thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brenspeed tunes and erratic idle on low rpm