Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An odd "NEW & USED" 2011 GT Premium, What's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Just so you do know, those wheels are definitely not stock. That style wheels is aftermarket since in 2011/2012 no wheels of that fashion were put on from the factory. Not that they look bad. Also beware that they might start blabbering about how since they put on aftermarket wheels that enhances the value etc, but ignore that, modifications really do nothing to the value of a car and the dealer knows that underneath it all lol.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:23 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, and I'm almost positive that it has also been lowered. Great looking car though. Go for it if you can get the right price.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:35 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

you should be able to get extremely close to a 12 v6 premium price...with 5000 miles on her, she's been used alot (test drives, demos) they come down on pricing for demos greatly...good luck man
Old 07-30-2011, 03:02 PM
timothybh

I'm going to head out to the dealer soon now.

Also plan to see what they can do for a 2012 V6 Premium not too far away.

Has:
  • Kona Blue
  • Charcoal Leather
  • Automatic
  • 203a MCA Package
  • Reverse Sensing
  • Security Package
  • HID Headlamps
  • Comfort Package
  • Rear Video Camera

MSRP with Destination comes to $31,385

Would it be impossible to see that come down between $25-27k before taxes and registration?

Also, how do incentives work. I guess if an offer is Cash Purchase, then I suppose that means buying with cash. Or does an outside loan source count as cash? Or would 0% interest be a wiser choice than say $1500 cash back. Don't know if I qualify with a 714 FICO or so.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:37 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

0% over any cash back. you would pay them more in interest if you chose cash back.
and there's no way I would pay 31k for a V6. WTF.. I paid 29k for my 06 GT and premium. Sticker was at 34.

Before you ask how I got that price, I did buy with 31k at first. a Red on Red GT. and was waiting for delivery. A week. And some other dealership went and picked it up from whatever storage they had it in. I ended up with Red exterior with the black leather. For my trouble and the cussing I was doing in the dealership it went down to 29k. Anyways, that 5.0 looks good. I would def make a 25k offer on it. If no one else will, they will call you.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:12 PM
timothybh

Ok, looks like I've gone and done. I've agreed to a Mustang. Well, we shook on it at least, but never signed anything. They were taking too long to figure out the vehicle swap between dealers, so the salesman said to come back tomorrow for paperwork. So, I don't really have any obligation yet beyond my word.

I couldn't stop resisting the V6 Premium with all the options a couple posts above. It has the Mustang Club of America style I wanted, Kona Blue seems really nice too. The gray metallic GT didn't win me over or the thought of a used and damaged new car. I only took a test drive in a V6. It was nice ride, with good power when you want it. Insurance savings over a V8 and the MPG. Trying the V8 probably would of spoiled it.

How is this deal:

WINDOW STICKER PDF

OPTION ------------------------------ INVOICE

Base Invoice $24,250 ($249 less than Truecar)
Kona Blue
Charcoal Leather
Automatic $1040
Mustang Club of America Package $866
Reverse Sensing/Security Package $605
HID Headlamps $457
Comfort Package $518
Rear Video Camera $335

INVOICE TOTAL------------------------ $28,071

+ $850 Destination
+ $498 Advertising
+ $56 Fuel Charge
+ $300 fee to swap car from another dealer

Grand Total --------------------------- $29,776.13
+ Taxes & Fees
- $1,500 Rebates
- $5,500 Down
= No trade-in, selling car to brother.
@ 72 Month 3.5% with FORD

Payment ------------------------------ $385 a month

TrueCar's best no haggle offer at a dealer, likely without the car, matched this perfectly after rebates, except for the $300 fee to swap cars with between a dealer an hour away.

Haggling more. The salesman said things were complicated due to the dealer hold back being tied up when swapping cars between dealers. Is this true? He said the other dealer would get the hold back from my car. So I assume the car they give to the other dealer would in them hold-back in the future? Well, that's supposedly the reason they are not earning money besides the fee to transport it. It's hard to haggle with that without simply calling them a liar. I asked about lower interest, vouchers, etc, nothing. Was it a mistake to not push more? Again, haven't signed anything besides the early credit app.

This model is more costly than I wanted, but with the decent interest and 72 months, I got a Mustang that's available now and all the extras and package I love. All cheaper choices with less options always had the 202a package I didn't care to spend money on.

Their special finance incentive was 0% at 60 to 1.9% at 72 months, or the choice of cash back. Didn't learn if I got the 0%. If I took their 1.9% 72 months, losing the $1500 rebate, it would cost $2 more a month. If I could get 0% at 60 months, losing rebates, the payment goes to $439 a month. The higher payment would save me about $1300 over the course of the loan.

Any thoughts before I go back in tomorrow to finish the deal?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:35 AM
09CSGT

Fee to swap a car from another dealer? No I wouldn't pay that, they swap cars, no big deal. The other dealership gets one to sell, usually eqaully desired. Also fuel charge? Are they serious..... No free first tank? I have never bought a car without the first tank free.
You may be able to another 1,000 off as well. IMO.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:46 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Yeah the fee and fuel charge strike me as messed up. Those are things that should be absorbed by the dealership lol, not by you.

I don't know why but that price just seems high for what it is. I got my 5.0 in june of 2010 for 31.25K after rebates. And that's with an auto trans, accessory pack and security pack.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:47 AM
timothybh

The Fuel charge was so small in the scheme of things I didn't bother to mention it, but it did seem a bit messed up. Then again, there's a sit down restaurant downtown that adds a fuel charge of a dollar to each person at a table, lol. Odd way to cover rising costs in business.

Pdonket: So your GT was a premium? Not bad of a price, was that before fees, taxes, regional ad fee? The rebates taken off this V6 Premium invoice with destination fee, makes it around $27,400. About a $3,850 difference from the GT. Checking the base MSRP for a 2012 V6 Premium to a 2011 GT Premium starts off at $3k difference before upgrades. This V6 has $3821 in upgrades, really does make it look high.

09CSGT: I just don't know how to haggle down when the car is already at invoice with $1500 rebates. You could normally try to cut into dealer hold back, but again, they tell me that's lost in a swap deal. And the fee for a swap, I can understand it since someone has to spend time to do it, pay gas, and add miles to both cars. And the car is already at invoice, and again, supposedly no dealer hold back. Maybe ask for dealer installed accessories?

Didn't feel like putting the salesman on the spot to transport the cars himself for free after he makes it apparent this deal earns nothing for him but loyalty in the future. He did offer to fill the gas tank himself when it arrives (offset that fuel charge fee). I could demand flatbed transportation, to avoid miles and damage. The car is 76.4 miles away. I'd rather develop a relationship with a dealer in town than near two hours away, and the offer of free oil changes, but I guess the $300 transportation fee makes it moot)
Old 07-31-2011, 07:14 AM
HenryinFlorida
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by timothybh
That's one thing I was worried about, how it was driven during the 5000 miles, especially car free as a toy. Didn't know about the write off or anything, first time really hearing about demo cars.

Though, I'm confused by your last statement. How can a 2012 V6 be the same HP (I assume horsepower) as the 2011 GT? Didn't look like HP changed into the 2012 year. The V6 still has 305HP and the V8 has above 400HP depending on fuel. Maybe I missed something.
My Bad, I was thinking about the comparison between the 2012 and 2010 series. Sorry about that. But still, 305hp in a 6 speed V6 would be awsome. For me, I always like buying a new car. and just because there trying to sell this one as new, lets be honest, it's far from new. Just my opinion....

Quick Reply: An odd "NEW & USED" 2011 GT Premium, What's it worth?